What did Jesus really say about homosexuality?
Rather not! Woman and woman, man and man
Or: What a seafood salad has to do with homosexuality
Homosexuality, gay, lesbian - these are modern terms that the Bible does not know. In Leviticus it says: "If anyone lies with a man as with a woman, it is an abomination and both should die." (Leviticus 20:13)
In the same 3rd book of Moses it is written: Eating living beings out of the water without scales and fins, for example mussels or scampi, is also an abomination. (Leviticus 11, 10) So should anyone who orders a Frutta di Mare platter while on vacation in Italy die of death? Blood sausage is also one of the atrocities - bad news for the Hessian slaughterhouse! (Leviticus 19:26)
In interpreting the Bible, homosexuality has often been equated with temple prostitution, rape, or love for boys. Same-sex love has nothing to do with this, however.
The apostle Paul assumes that women and men turn to their own sex out of godlessness (Romans 1:26). Man only loves himself. That is a sin. This is how Paul understands homosexuality. A woman loves a woman. A man loves a man. Not out of self-love, but because the other is different - that does not appear in Paul's worldview.
However, the Bible recognizes strong affection between people of the same sex. So Ruth says to her mother-in-law Naomi: “Wherever you go, I want to go too. Wherever you stay, I stay there too. ”(Ruth 1, 16) Amazingly, these words are popular today for bride and groom from woman to woman as wedding words. David also shows strong feelings, he weeps over his deceased friend Jonathan: "Your love has been more wondrous to me than woman's love."
- What is the deadliest animatronics in FNAF
- What is Nancy Pelosis IQ
- Why are pencils dangerous in space?
- What is 8 8 4 12
- People eat elephant meat
- Why doesn't Quora give changes well
- Is gold a stone
- Is deer hunting necessary
- What would Jesus think of weapons?
- How much money is there in the world
- Is Saudi Aramco a good investment
- Is international law a good career
- Is RPA part of artificial intelligence
- 142 is a high IQ
- What food is good for cancer patients
- What was the biggest bet you lost?
- Where is the area code 949 1
- Why do people enjoy yachts and cruises
- Eat pigs poop
- Has anyone visited Malaysia before?
- What's your rating of Wix
- Why are people happy 1
- Has Disney become something that Walt wouldn't recognize?
- Which languages are spoken in surprising places?