How bad is it to eat shit for dogs
Forbid: Helps your dog get used to eating feces
Does your dog make you shudder with disgust on a regular basis? Fortunately, Forbid is now also available in Germany - a tried and tested dietary supplement that prevents dogs from eating feces.
Why do dogs eat feces?
What makes us green with disgust is unfortunately by no means "Ugh!" For our dogs. Dog mothers eat their pups' excrement to keep the litter camp clean, young dogs' curiosity includes trying poop and wolves eat their young animals' excrement until they have learned to move far enough away from the pack camp to do their business. Behavioral researcher Erik Zimen was even able to observe that the dogs of the Turkana in Kenya plastered babies 'and toddlers' needs and thus kept the area around the huts and baby bottoms clean (Erik Zimen, Der Hund, Goldmann Verlag 2010). Zimen called the dog a "diaper replacement" for the Turkana.
Occasional maneuvering is part of the dog's normal behavior - whether we like it or not - and is not an indication of a disorder.
But why do some dogs develop such cravings for poop?
Many dog owners suspect that their dog is eating feces because his food does not provide him with all the nutrients he needs, for example they suspect a protein deficiency or a lack of raw fiber. However, this is extremely seldom the cause and actually only occurs when your dog is doing absolutely top performances (e.g. dog races), you prepare meals for your dog yourself and omit important ingredients or when he is given a very inferior, poorly digestible ready-made food, which would also lead to large, mushy piles of poop. Even so, if your dog eats faeces frequently, you should have your dog's feeding checked by a veterinarian.
Fecal eating occurs more frequently in connection with diseases that cause a nutritional deficiency, for example a Worm infestation or oneUnderactive pancreas. Dogs with pancreatic weakness are barely able to absorb nutrients from the food and therefore suffer from cravings and excrete large amounts of poorly digested, smelly feces.
Most often, however, frequent faecal eating is simply one Habitthat can arise for various reasons, e.g .:
- For dogs that are kept in the kennel when there is feces lying around and they are bored or relieve frustration by eating feces.
- As attention-seeking behavior when the dogs have learned that their mistresses loudly comment on eating their feces.
The latter is arguably the most common reason dogs eat feces. Without wanting to, we get used to it ourselves, because we go up like a HB male, scold, scream and make a huge crack when we see how our four-legged friend is enjoying his disgusting hobby. Unfortunately, from the dog's point of view, negative attention is sometimes even better than being ignored.
For some dogs, it is enough if we, as conscientious dog owners, stand next to them with the bag drawn, when they make a pile and pick it up immediately. If we pay so much attention to it all and try to get hold of it as quickly as possible, then it must be a valuable resource ...? This is how we first make the matter interesting for the dog and he may try to devour the faeces himself before someone else can get hold of him.
How does Forbid work?
If you mix the food supplement Forbid with the dog food, it changes the animal's feces in such a way that the smell and taste are extremely unpleasant for the dog. This can prevent the eating of feces and also wean it off in the long term.
Forbid is particularly suitable for dogs that eat their own droppings or for households and kennels with several dogs that eat each other's droppings.
What else can you do to stop your dog from eating feces?
- Try to stay calm when your dog eats poop and pay little attention to it (even if it is difficult). A no or ugh is enough. Your dog will notice how you feel about it anyway.
- Do not grab the heap from under the dog's back immediately, but rather carry out your duty to keep a dog in a relaxed and disinterested way.
- Provide enough exercise, variety and a stable relationship between you and your dog to prevent boredom, frustration or insecurity, which can encourage attention-seeking behavior. Behavioral therapy may help.
- Young dogs can learn what older dogs eat, so you should try to prevent it from being passed on within your pack of dogs.
- Keep kennels as clean as possible and provide variety and exercise.
If your dog eats poop, you should dewormer him more often. Preferably every six weeks.
- Why was Christianity so successful
- Indonesia becomes a superpower
- How to lose weight after pregnancy
- Check employers Facebook profiles
- How effective are WordPress SEO tools
- How are black holes found
- Why do rich people work every day
- Did your mom see you were having sex?
- What does the Koran say about hypergamy?
- How do you sell Mary Kay successfully
- Why do you spell so badly
- When did video games become popular?
- Was there an A programming language
- Likes South Korea India
- What is the greatest event in history
- What can you do about prostate cancer
- Which fast food restaurants have opened late?
- Can I criticize the paradox of choice?
- What surprised you about Pakistan?
- How do grocery stores get their inventory
- Can I get Indian food abroad
- Is there an organized atheist church
- Where do the Malaysians come from