Why isn't Quora loading my feed?
Quora: 100 million users affected by hacker attack
"Security Awareness" training in advance would have helped ward off attacks
[datensicherheit.de, 06.12.2018] According to media reports, the US online questionnaire opened on November 30, 2018 Quora communicated that around 100 million users are said to be affected by a hacker attack. The attackers stole sensitive information such as email addresses, defaced passwords, usernames, private direct messages, comments and the ratings of the responses, as well as information imported from LinkedIn. The attack on Quora is said to be based on "social engineering" and could have been prevented through modern "security awareness" training, commented Detlev Weise, "Managing Director" at KnowBe4.
Detlev Weise, "Managing Director" at KnowBe4
Social engineering and malware are currently the greatest security risks
“Social engineering and malware currently represent one of the greatest security risks for sensitive data. The complexity of IT and insufficient training of employees increase the already difficult task of securing online services, desktop devices and the entire network of a company ", says Detlev Weise.
Intensify training initiatives on "Security Awareness"!
As a result, many companies have largely focused on defending against these attacks by introducing their security awareness training initiatives intensified.
Wise: "Security awareness training helps employees vigilant stay and recognize social engineering in good time, which makes them less susceptible to fraudulent attacks. "
Train how to recognize phishing, smishing and vishing attempts!
A modern training program informs the participants about the signs and dangers of so-called phishing, smishing and vishing attempts and then trains them with practical ones Simulations.
A suitable platform has a large number of templates for simulated Social engineering attacks by email, phone and SMS.
These could be used automatically to make employees aware of security gaps and malicious attempts at fraud, so that they are protected from such unforeseen attacks protect can.
“This can reduce the risk of a data protection incident like Quora greatly reduced become", explains Weise.
Further information on the topic:
KnowBe4 publishes Top-Klicks Phishing Report for the 3rd quarter
ESET: Hacker groups cooperated in attack on energy suppliers
- Is a smoker's cough dangerous?
- Most men in San Francisco are gay
- What are the consequences of greed
- How to treat a bloody nose
- What is Bitnami WordPress
- Sends Amazon products to Pakistan
- Are people born with an ego
- What religions were there 100 years ago?
- What is financial advice that no one follows
- How do you start writing a book
- What is the most liberal Islamic country
- What exactly does a scientific law describe?
- How are ADX indicators calculated
- How can gamma rays exist without mass?
- Why do people love to be loved
- What tourists does Venice hate
- What is the best weapon with a blade
- What is the treatment for back pain
- How can we perceive higher dimensions
- Why are Marvel superhero films so popular
- How much money does domino have
- Who offers the best B2B mailing lists
- Did Jesus really rise from the grave?
- Why did you look at stoicism
- What was your most embarrassing situation
- Do players actually win
- Is New Zealand really that bad
- Why is there light
- What is true philosophy
- What is an Einstein Rosen Bridge
- Can I trigger bipolar hypomania?
- Produce capitalism and liberalism degeneracy
- Why did trade unions vote democratically
- What are some innovative ideas for business