How to delete a blocked follower
Delete Instagram account: How to deactivate your account
If you want to delete your Instagram account, you can either do this with the app or on your PC or Mac. In this practical tip, we explain step by step how to temporarily deactivate or completely delete your account.
Temporarily deactivate your Instagram account
If you only want to temporarily deactivate your account, you can follow these instructions. The advantage of this variant is that your pictures can no longer be accessed online by other users, but their photos are not permanently deleted. Your profile is inactive, but can be reactivated if you change your mind.
- Visit the Instagram website and log into your account.
- Click on your profile in the upper right corner and select the category there "Edit profile" out.
- You will now find the option at the bottom right "Temporarily deactivate my account".
- Choose any reason and enter your password.
- You will be logged out of Instagram using the "Temporarily deactivate account" button.
- Your Instagram profile is now completely invisible. If necessary, you can reactivate it at any time by logging in.
- To permanently delete your Instagram account, use the following link and follow the instructions in the next paragraph.
Instructions: Permanently delete Instagram profile
If you want to permanently delete your Instagram profile, you have to take another route that is hidden at first glance. Danger: If you shut down your account for good, all pictures, likes and follower numbers will also be deleted.
- Follow this link and you will immediately be taken to the page where you can permanently delete your account.
- Log in with your username and select any reason from the list.
- After explaining the background to your resignation, you will need to enter your password to continue with the process.
- Press the red button "Permanently delete my account"to deactivate your account. After that, your account was permanently closed.
- Tip: After following these instructions, all of your photos will be permanently deleted. With the Instagram Downloader you can make a backup of your photos beforehand.
The cumbersome way via the app
An Instagram account cannot be deleted directly in the app. Read here how to delete your account with a mobile device. However, it is much easier to follow the steps from the last paragraph.
- Open the Instagram app and go to your profile page. Open the menu and select "Settings" out.
- Scroll down in the settings and click in the section "Help" on "Help area". The app automatically forwards mobile users to the Instagram website.
- click on "Manage your account".
- Then select the option "Delete your account" out.
- Under "How do I delete my Instagram account?" you will find the link marked in bold at step one "Delete your account". Click on it.
- Follow steps two to five from the paragraph "Instructions: Permanently delete your Instagram profile". There is no need to log in, as you got to the site via the app. If you are using more than one account in the app, make sure that the correct account is selected.
Video tip: Create an Insta story with music
- Define 18 karat gold
- What do Indonesians think of Bahasa Malaysia
- Is Ketodiaet the most impractical diet
- Why did Quora start running ads
- Can buy a smaller property in India
- Listerin causes cancer
- What do these metrics mean for engagements
- What is the Instagram engagement rate
- What does Pho mean in Vietnamese
- How can someone hypothetically rob a bank
- How is gold a transition metal
- What do the Germans think of the Netherlands?
- What is the story of cow dumping
- Calcium causes heart disease
- To whom do celestial bodies belong
- What is the best investment affiliate program
- Has anyone experienced a toxicity from vitamin D3
- What black on black crime perpetuates
- How do you measure cardiovascular health
- What Indian authors should read by everyone
- Why do Turkish women marry black men
- What's another word for me
- What is the best weapon with a blade
- Why are people so against social media