How common is paranoid bipolar disorder
Psychiatry, Psychosomatics & Psychotherapy
What is Bipolar Disease?
Bipolar disorders are severe, chronic mental illnesses that are characterized by manic and depressive mood swings. The mania presents itself as an exaggerated feeling of excitement and those affected are mostly overactive, euphoric or irritable at the same time. This phase is followed by more or less pronounced depression, with a depressed mood, listlessness and sadness. The mood swings occur episodically and independently of the current life situation.
If the mood swings are personality traits without serious consequences for the person concerned and the environment, one speaks of "cyclothymia". However, if these phases are more pronounced, i.e. longer phases of depression alternate with manic phases with high spirits, significantly increased thirst for action and irritability, which have negative consequences for the person concerned, one speaks of manic-depressive illness.
It is estimated that around 1 to 3% of the population is affected. Women and men get sick with the same frequency. Many patients experience their first episode of the disease around the age of 18, but the disorder is usually only recognized later.
The causes of the disease are not fully understood. Hereditary predisposition and external influences such as stressful events seem to play a certain role. An above-average number of creative people suffer from bipolar illness.
Technical support: Prof. Dr. Gregor Hasler, Bern (SGPP) and Prof. Dr. med. Michael Bauer, Dresden (DGPPN), Dr. Roger Pycha, Bruneck (SIP)
- Why is humanity above religion?
- How safe are women in India
- What does a disarming smile look like
- What does this Japanese sentence say
- What is it about pulsars that fascinates you?
- Contains sterling silver nickel
- What about the hype about alkaline water
- What is com android contacts
- How powerful is the world breaker Hulk
- What does Facebook user mean
- Who can see my Discord profile avatar
- How do I become a data scientist
- What are B2B companies
- What are the five odd numbers
- Where can I see John Wick 3
- How were Asians treated in Nazi Germany
- How do you describe a fractal mathematically?
- Is a smoker's cough dangerous?
- Why do Chinese kill dogs
- What are bonus rules and regulations
- What are some high end board games
- Is there a Chinese nation overseas
- What is everything and each
- Why is Seven considered an unfortunate number
- Will the Chinese economy collapse in 2017?
- How do DC voltage regulators work
- What was your darkest moment
- What is MPPSC
- Jealousy is inevitable in polyamorous relationships
- What do you know about Myanmar
- Hot french fries can cause cancer
- Why is Malaysia's currency so low
- How big is the yacht crew industry