Why did Oswald kill JFK
US President Donald Trump surprisingly announces the release of further previously secret documents on the murder of John F. Kennedy. But the CIA protests.
Approval of further documents possible
by Friedemann Diederichs
Washington - What is in the latest, still secret, US government files about the assassination of President John F. Kennedy? Since the attack in Dallas on November 22, 1963, speculation and conspiracy theories have grown up around the attack. Now, US President Donald Trump has surprisingly announced that he will make around 50,000 pages public. They are still under lock and key in the National Archives. Unless, at the last minute, convincing arguments are put before him that a release could cause massive damage to federal agencies or national security.
There is much to suggest that the CIA will continue to lobby against the planned move at the last minute. Because, according to experts, he has the most to lose when the files are available for evaluation. In any case, to this day there are suspicions that the CIA was informed of the explosive trips of the Kennedy assassin Lee Harvey Oswald to the embassies of the Soviet Union and from Cuba to Mexico City a few weeks before the murder. It is said that Oswald applied for a visa at the embassies in order to return to the Soviet Union - where he lived from 1959 to 1962. The CIA had monitored both agencies at the time.
To this day, the official version of the US government on the attack, which shocked the whole world at the time, is: Oswald murdered the president without any assistance in order to become famous. The assassin was shot after the attack by nightclub owner Jack Ruby, who claims to have acted out of patriotic duty, in the Dallas police station.
Yet numerous historians, criminologists, and amateur analysts still question the government's conclusions set out in the Warren Commission's report. According to surveys, two thirds of all US citizens do not believe in the thesis of the lone perpetrator.
The list of possible commissioners or confidants is long and ranges from renegade CIA officers to the FBI, sympathizers of Fidel Castro and members of the Mafia to Kennedy party friend Lyndon B. Johnson, the then Vice President who took over government after the death of the Democrat took over. The question of all questions is now: Will what is possibly newly made available to the public shed light on these sometimes wild theories?
Five million documents relating to Kennedy's death are in the US National Archives, and 88 percent of those documents have already been released. Another eleven percent were also published, but previously edited and sometimes blackened - which in turn led to speculation that the government was trying to hide something.
US media reported yesterday that CIA chief Mike Pompeo is vehemently campaigning for Trump to keep the last documents under lock and key. But a Twitter message from the president on Saturday showed that he seems determined to make his announcement come true: "Subject to further information being received, I as President will allow the long-blocked and secret JFK files to be opened," Trump wrote in Internet. That should now happen by Thursday, October 26th at the latest - unless the president gives priority to the objections of the CIA.
- What does meaning
- Is Draymond Green better than Blake Griffin
- Why are people rude on your birthday
- Love wanes over time
- Is Harvard still the best school
- How can Cheerios help a diabetic
- Is feminism versus gender equality
- Why doesn't Quora like Polling Questions
- How can you define intelligence
- Which banks have referral marketing programs
- What are some free content marketing websites
- When are you ready for a relationship
- What is buyback of shares 2
- Should I get free hosting from InfinityFree
- How many centimeters are in 15 meters
- Can you swim from Singapore to Malaysia
- Is the paneer flower useful for diabetes
- What do boys expect from their girlfriends
- Why do young people have to eat healthily
- How much are Australian soldiers paid
- Why I'm happy to give up
- What are the five odd numbers
- What do you think of Bhojpuri songs
- Who is the female model for Everlane
- What is your dream car 7
- Japanese are originally Chinese
- Who are smarter children or their parents
- How am I supposed to study physics now?
- What is the greatest value of 5
- What are holes in the semiconductor
- How can I overcome self-doubt
- How many groschen are in 100 billion
- Why have Quora’s responses worsened
- How do fingerprints differ?