Appreciate diamonds over time
Gemstone lore: The myths of the modern stone age
contentRead on one side
Jonathon Pudney is confident of winning the upcoming confrontation against the synthetic stones and the drop in prices. Objective, scientific criteria are not decisive. The artificial stones may be qualitatively superior to the natural ones - in the end marketing decides. "People want the real thing," he says, and that is always natural stone. All experts in the industry agree: Appreciation is in the mind of the customer. The bride doesn't want synthetics for her wedding, but rather the expensive, unique piece from nature's lap, which was created billions of years ago by many coincidences deep inside the earth and then came to the surface through geological coincidences.
Ever more complex scientific evidence machinery is used for assessment in order to maintain the myth of natural stone. The cult of this modern stone age also includes aesthetic criteria such as the splendor of the stone. He's supposed to decorate. However, the colored natural stone may also contain small inclusions, which always lead to devaluation with white stones. From a purely decorative point of view, a flawless cultured diamond with the same color would be superior - but such rational criteria do not apply. If a bridal couple were to say soberly: Together we choose the most beautiful jewelry that we can get for our money, they would almost inevitably buy breeding stones.
Such reason would require a rethink. That, in turn, could only be achieved with marketing worth billions. Since the small companies like Gemesis lack such funds, in the end everything will remain with the cult of the "real".
On the subject
Diamonds: Artful hardness - A picture gallery »
Knowledge - Research and discoveries on ZEIT online »
Links on the subject
Natural Color Diamond Association »
Gemesis Laboratory-Grown Diamonds »
Warrior - Diamond Jeweler »
German Gemological Society »
Fraunhofer Society »
Elementsix - Advanced Diamond Products »
- Why are Sedona rocks red
- What are the best personal care products
- What is the best topic for Elementor
- What is 2 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 4
- Uses Quora deep learning
- What is the best AP class
- Where can I share my poems
- What is a penny made of
- London has a flag
- Why can't Christians tolerate Muslims?
- Why isn't Australia selling Tasmania
- You can legally own property on Mars
- What is the secret of the popularity of Modis
- Celebrities get away with crimes easily
- Why did GSI acquire Fetchback
- What do these metrics mean for engagements
- Which is the original football or soccer
- What do the Ukrainians think of Poland?
- Can white men fall in love with black women
- How would you spend forever
- What is a nonlinear data structure
- Which is dangerous current or voltage 1
- Why did childhood obesity become acceptable
- How do you remember your school life