Why is money worth
The monetary value indicates the amount of goods that can be acquired with a monetary unit, or in general: the extent to which the monetary value is determined by the activities of all economic agents or by monetary policy with its use of monetary policy instruments is a point of contention that has always been discussed in monetary theory controlled. According to the so-called banking theory, the general price level of an economy is determined on the markets, and economic agents procure the means of payment required for sales themselves; According to the so-called currency theory, the central bank's money supply, especially the monetary base, determines the amount of money used in an economy and thus the general price level. At its core, the controversy between banking and currency theory from the 19th century continues to this day in the form of the controversy between monetarism and fiscalism.
Literature: Issing, O., Introduction to Monetary Theory, 9th edition, Munich 1993. Schmölders, G., Geldpolitik, 2nd edition, Tübingen, Zurich 1968.
a) Internal monetary value: indicates the purchasing power of money and is measured by the reciprocal value of the price level (p): t / p; it falls when the price level rises, so that for a certain amount of money one receives fewer goods and services on the market than before. b) External monetary value: indicates how many foreign goods one can acquire for a domestic monetary unit: w — pA. If the monetary value of foreign countries I / pA remains unchanged, the external monetary value of the domestic country fluctuates with the exchange rate (w in quantity notation, e.g. amount in US $ for 1); it rises in the event of a devaluation and falls in the event of an appreciation of the domestic currency.
Previous technical term: Money Laundering Act | Next technical term: monetary benefit
Report this article to the editors as incorrect & mark it for editing
- What are major health problems today
- You can overcome the space-time continuum
- Can Lysol kill you
- What percentage of Saudis are Muslims?
- My leg hurts after the colonoscopy, why
- Why is time travel a paradox
- What is 6 6 1
- Who are the competitors of Cars24 com
- What are the laws regarding trade unions?
- What is heterotaxic syndrome
- How could anyone harm the world economy
- Is Rahm Emanuel Orthodox
- Healthy people ever eat unhealthy foods
- Is it okay to hire a prostitute
- Are there other sites like Fiverr
- Why don't schools teach nutrition and diet
- Why are children racist towards Chinese?
- Criticism of religious beliefs is offensive
- How to calculate an equilibrium price
- How do I find a turtle
- What are some cheap hacks for useful life
- How does living abroad change our lives?
- Is home cleaning service covered by Medicare?
- Singaporean Chinese people eat dogs