How should freshly plastered walls be painted
New plaster, when can you paint?
When is a plaster dry?
The minimum service life indicated on the plaster mix is only a rough guide. The drying is significantly influenced by the composition of the plaster, the thickness of the plaster layer and the temperature conditions on site.
Lime plasters generally require a longer drying time than plasters containing gypsum. The type of plaster can also require different drying times, such as normal or light plaster or thermal insulation plaster.
The drying is also influenced by the weather conditions. Warm air can absorb a lot of moisture, cold air less. But that doesn't mean that warm summer air is ideal for ventilation, because this air is already saturated with moisture. Cold winter air, on the other hand, is very dry and can accelerate the drying process.
What waiting times have to be observed for painting after plastering?
Experts estimate a drying time of around one day per millimeter of plaster layer. A rough guideline is that a plaster is completely dry after 14 days under good conditions.
Under optimal conditions, you can assume the following guide values:
|Thickness of the plaster layer||Service life|
|1 mm||1 day|
|5 mm||5 days|
|10 mm||10 days|
|15 mm||15 days|
Before you start painting the plaster, you must first apply a primer that matches your plaster, a deep primer (€ 13.90 at Amazon *), for example for a mineral plaster. Only when this has dried can the plaster be painted.
Tip box: You can also tell whether a plaster is completely dry by the fact that closed windows no longer run when the door is closed.
* Affiliate link to Amazon
- Does the measles vaccine work
- Saudi Arabia has changed completely
- What is a linear relationship
- How do wall craters arise?
- How can I change my lifestyle 1
- What is eNTRI for a Malaysian Visa
- Women love to watch men masturbate
- How do you wear formal clothes
- China was colonized
- What is the abbreviation for DACA
- Why do rich people work every day
- Who are the best MIT math professors
- How unhealthy is smoking cigarettes
- How close are we to the technical singularity
- Cricket is a girly man sport
- How do volcanoes erupt?
- How is stable heart disease treated
- Which Udemy courses are not working
- How do 1 cent stocks work
- How long have you recovered from anorexia
- What food supplements do you use
- Is the NRA really against gun control?
- Why do people live in Indonesia
- Can vegetarians eat tuna