How can I deal with my family
Mindfulness: 12 Tips for Families to Stay Calm
12 tips for more mindfulness in everyday family life
1. Perceive small moments as something big. It doesn't always have to be Christmas or Easter. Great emotions can also be lived out in small moments: looking at the starry sky, singing a particularly emotional song or leafing through a picture book together.
2. Communication without commands. We exchange a lot with our children on the doorstep. Make sure that communication doesn't just consist of commands. In between, take time to listen to your child, for example when they want to tell what they have experienced.
3. Put in the thoughts of the other. Why doesn't my child put away the toy car even though I've said it three times? Before you get upset, try to put yourself in your child's shoes. Maybe it's in the middle of a game and so happy with it that cleaning up can be postponed until later. Those who understand their fellow human beings can deal with them more calmly.
4. Eating as an experience. "Zack, zack, quickly down with the noodles, we have to go straight to the flute." It shouldn't work that way. Take the time to have a quiet meal with your children. And without distractions. Smartphones, television, checking your e-mails - all of this is taboo during the meal. Eating mindfully also means dealing with the taste, trying new things, and slowly letting individual foods melt on your tongue.
5. Not just washing cats under time pressure. Just go to bed quickly and quickly run the washcloth through your face? It doesn't have to be. Because washing and personal hygiene are good mindfulness exercises. Encourage your child to pay attention to the scent of the soap and the good feeling when applying lotion.
6. Go into nature. Most children find a walk boring. But as soon as they are on their way, watch a beetle on the roadside, collect stones, race with their parents, they are thrilled. Exercise in nature releases happiness hormones, has a positive effect on emotions and mood.
7. Reflect together. What was I happy about, what am I grateful for, what made me laugh? A conversation about the day's successes on the edge of the bed before going to sleep helps to focus on the positive and put the negative into the background. It's a skill that makes adults happy too.
8. Write down or paint. Has the family experienced something great? If you can already write, you should write it down in a personal booklet in the evening. Smaller children can also draw this on. So the positive effect of an experience lasts longer.
9. Be grateful. Raising gratitude does not mean teaching our children to say thank you politely. We have to point out the special moments to them. On the scent of a tangerine, that luckto be able to smile at something or the special taste of a fresh carrot. Those who can be grateful for large and small moments in everyday life feel more joy and even stay healthier, as studies in adults have shown.
10. Say goodbye to perfectionism. Those who set their goals too high and orient themselves towards utopian ideals above all create stress and feelings of guilt. Unrealistic ideas make you dissatisfied. “I am not good enough” - only if you can get away from it you will succeed a careful treatment of the children.
11. Don't do everything at the same time. Anyone who tries to do as much as possible at the same time in order to save time is stressed. Instead, focus on one action and don't let your mind wander.
12. Put your smartphone away! Do the Digital pause a family experience. It doesn't have to be a whole week. But a cell-free Sunday proves how much attention the small devices otherwise require. The time-limited Cell phone ban Of course, this doesn't just apply to children. The parents also have to stick it out.
- What is good advertising
- Are there white privileges in Australia?
- Can we fill the room with air?
- How does rust affect a weapon?
- Is Netflix a profitable company
- The suppression of a fart is detrimental to health
- Is it worth learning CSS in 2020
- How do I make money online
- Which country is culturally closest to China
- What qualities define a good person
- How do I run to lose weight
- How do Americans see refugees
- What should I buy before I get homeless
- What does it mean to reject the null hypothesis
- How was your experience in sales
- A gallbladder transplant is possible
- What is 3 5 3 5 4
- Which HYIP systems are legitimate
- How do I find tenants to rent
- What role does production technology play
- How can diamonds get scratched
- Do players actually win
- Why did America develop
- Country code 0044
- How safe is Baku to visit Azerbaijan
- What is the historical background of philosophy
- A normal person cannot have empathy
- Is it true that children don't lie?
- What is a good K-pop forum
- Invented Amazon affiliate programs
- People hunt blue whales
- Why was Commodus murdered
- Can cats eat raw meat and bones?
- How many votes does Massachusetts have