What quantity consists of a unit 1k
The unit of measure of energy
James Prescott Joule (1818 - 1889), British physicist, self-taught and brewery owner, made a significant contribution to the establishment of the concept of energy with his work in the middle of the 19th century. The internationally valid unit of energy bears his name:
1 joule [J] = 1 watt second [Ws] = 1 VAs = 1 Nm = 1 kg m2 s−2.
The power unit watt [W] is named after James Watt and the power unit Newton 3075 after Isaac Newton.
With 1 J you can lift an apple weighing 100 g on the ground to a height of about 1 m. The energy units and the electrical power have watts as factors
Kilo (k = 103), Mega (M = 106), Giga (G = 109),
Tera (T = 1012), Peta (P = 1015), Exa (E = 1018).
The power unit watt becomes the energy unit joule by multiplying it by the second [s], hour [h] or year [a], see below. For example, 1 kWh [kilowatt hour] = 3.6 MJ. With 1 kWh you can heat about 10 liters of water from 20 ° C to the boiling point of about 100 ° C.
Other units of measure of energy
The "Système International d'Unités (SI) defines the so-called SI units legally prescribed for use in science and technology in Germany and other countries. In addition to these units, a variety of historically developed units is in use. The hard coal unit (tSKE) is called English tce = tone of coal equivalent, and 1 tSKE corresponds to exactly 8.141 MWh. The combustion of 1 kg of hard coal generates the same amount of heat as an electric heater with 8.141 kWh. The crude oil unit (tRÖL) is called toe, ton of oil equivalent, and 1 tRÖL corresponds to exactly 11.63 MWh.
The following conversions apply:
1 calIT = 4.1868 J, international calorie, International table calorie
1 calth = 4.184 J, thermochemical calorie, thermochemical calorie
1 cal15 ≈ 4.1855 J, calorie for heating from 14.5 ° C to 15.5 ° C
1 erg = 10−7 J, cgs unit
1 eV ≈ 1.60218 × 10−19 J, electron volts
1 E.H ≈ 4,35975 × 10−18 J, Hartree, atomic unit
1 Btu = 1055.06 J, British thermal unit according to ISO, to heat 1 pound water from 63 ° F to 64 ° F
1 tSKE = 1 tce = 29.3076 × 109 J, ton coal unit, tce, tone of coal equivalent, 7000 kcalIT
1 tRÖL = 1 toe = 41.868 × 109 J, ton unit of crude oil, toe, ton of oil equivalent, 10000 kcalIT
In 1850 it was determined that the amount of heat of one kilocalorie [1 kcal] warms one kilogram of water by 1 ° C. Calories or kilocalories [cal or kcal] were then legal units until 1948. They are still in use today (mostly with the conversion given above for the international calorie) alongside the joule as a unit of measurement for the amount of heat.
Multiplication of units of measure
|symbol||exponent||number||prefix||German||Amer. English||Brit. English|
The ton (1 t = 1000 kg = 1 Mg) is not an SI unit, but is permitted as a legal unit. The SI unit Mg (megagram) is rarely used for this mass. The masses dt (deciton, formerly quintals dz), kt (kiloton) and Mt (megaton) are also associated with the ton.
Multiplication of performance units with time units
The power unit watt (with the above-mentioned multiples) results in a unit of energy when multiplied by a unit of time, e.g. B. 1 Ws = 1 J. The kilowatt hour is very common: 1 kWh = 3600 kWs = 3.6 MJ. In addition to the second [s] and the hour [h], the Gregorian year [a] with 1 a = 365.2425 d = 31 556 952 s is used as the time unit.
This results, for example, in the unit megawatt year with 1 MWa = 31.557952 TJ [terajoules].
The annual consumption of 1tRÖL (1 toe / a) results in a daily consumption of around 31.84 kWh / d.
The consumption of 1 GJ / a results in about 0.7605 kWh / d.
Conversion of energy units
The above information enables the conversion of energy units with the pocket calculator.
If you don't want to go through this trouble, you can use numerous "converters" on the Internet.
There are offers e.g. B. from International Energy Agency, Robert Fogt and unitconversion.org.
Last change: 01.09.2020
- How long do homemade cookies stay fresh
- How do ad exchange and SSP work
- How can a beginner learn product design
- Which companies are competing with Yext
- How are black holes found
- Which is better Reddit Medium or Quora
- What does PS really mean
- Is the Chinese civilization Egyptian?
- What is bad karma in your life
- Is god of death
- What is the best crypto currency platform
- What do you think of gene therapy
- What are the disadvantages of exporting and importing
- Who likes healthy food
- What are the rules of Scrabble
- What is chemical rust
- How much do yacht captains earn
- What does it mean to be Malaysian
- What was the Roman Republic
- Why are conservatives against globalization
- How do you find inspiration for writing
- White people live in Ghana
- Is there racism in Vietnam
- Will the world end in 2022
- What is the appeal of Nintendo games
- Vitamin K2 helps prevent osteoporisis
- What is the weight of a coin
- Why are you applying for this internship
- Why do 13-year-olds have phones
- How do the witches motivate Macbeth's actions
- Is love conditional or unconditional
- How do you determine the poverty line
- Is RO water acidic