Hanukkah is an important Jewish holiday
Jewish life in Germany
introductionSabbath / Shabbat
The highest weekly holiday is the Sabbath. It is the seventh day of the Jewish week on which G "d (the holy word God must not be written out according to Jewish tradition because man is not allowed to make an image of G" d) after six days of creation. Pious Jews are not allowed to work on Saturdays. Cooking and making a fire meant work in biblical times, so on the Sabbath and on religious holidays the believers are not allowed to cook, turn on the lights, use electrical devices or drive a car. Even getting around by buses, trains, ships or airplanes is prohibited. Anyone who drives through a religious district on the Sabbath or on a major holiday in Israel must expect insults. Occasionally devout believers throw stones at passing cars. The use of elevators also violates the Sabbath and holiday rest. This is why so-called Sabbath lifts operate in Israeli hotels on these days and stop automatically on each floor. The pious are allowed to ride, but not to press the buttons that set something in motion.
According to old tradition, in Jewish households on Fridays there is pre-cooking for the Sabbath. This is how numerous specialties were created, especially in the Jewish shtetls of Eastern Europe, which are kept warm for many hours. Other typical holiday dishes are eaten cold.
- What are China's dishes
- Solar panels have become even more efficient
- How much does a yacht house cost
- Why is Malaysia against Shiite Muslims
- How do colleges see online high schools
- What are the laws regarding trade unions?
- Why don't private jets have parachutes?
- How did you become Quora
- What is the multiverse 1
- Which countries have a predominantly black race?
- Why do people not like change
- What is less work more money work
- Which dropshipping companies offer the fastest shipping?
- Brown University is a good school
- How good is your home studio
- What if Mercury suddenly disappears?
- How can matched betting work?
- Are there blacks in Russia?
- What makes you happy about yourself
- Is intelligence a virtue
- How do I get smart and smart
- What is the best business strategy
- Security in Malaysia is getting better
- What are treatments for children with ADHD
- Why don't a lot of adults play video games
- Are Chinese people racist against blacks?
- Are tall people less or smarter
- What does an established coronary artery disease mean?
- What is an example of superficial
- What is soft iron
- Are people who eat fugu mentally ill?
- A wealthy partner is a good site
- How do you say goodbye 1