Where can I advertise my partner products
How To Make Money From Affiliate Marketing [plus my $ 120,000 / year earnings]
Are You Looking For The Ultimate Guide To Affiliate Marketing For Beginners? Would you like to know how you can make HUGE income from affiliate marketing? This guide is exclusively for you.
Last year alone, my blog generated sales of around $ 125,000 (see some interesting information in my blog income reports).
Additionally, my blog has been making over $ 10,000 a month for several years.
The best part? Most of this income comes from affiliate marketing.
If you're someone new to affiliate marketing and looking to make over $ 10,000 a month with it, this guide is for you.
First things first, affiliate marketing isn't big business if you know how to sell. Anyone who knows how to sell can make more money from it.
The main reason most people don't even make money from affiliate marketing is this: They sell products directly to their audience without knowing their needs or wants.
What happens if you sell such online products directly? Nobody buys from you. As simple as that.
Once you understand this simple logic, you will make HUGE money.
Check out some of my earnings reports so you understand the potential of affiliate marketing.
SEMrush earnings reports
If you've been following our blog for a while, you may already be familiar with our SEMrush earnings. We are one of the top partners for SEMrush.
Check out SEMrush's earnings reports.
As you can see above, the above earnings report was made recently.
The above earnings report is from SEMrush (total earnings with SEMrush is $ 280,000 so far !!!).
While we are NOT aggressively promoting Bluehost these days, we are fairly happy with the earnings we have received so far.
So far, we've made around $ 47,000 from Bluehost hosting.
We also made decent sales with our preferred hosting option, which is WPX Hosting.
As you can see from the reports above, you will find that we have received HUGE commissions on partner products. So yeah, if I can do it, you can do that too.
The reason for publishing this guide is to help you make more money from affiliate marketing. So let's get down to the details without a fuss.
Table of Contents
- What is Affiliate Marketing and How Does It Work?
- Affiliate Marketing For Beginners: 15 PROVEN Ways to Make $ 10,000 a Month from Affiliate Marketing
- 1. Use FREE psychology!
- 2. Choose the right products
- 3. Create an effective content strategy
- 4. Starting day 1, create an email list
- 5. Learn how to get more traffic to your blog and keep it there
- 6. Promote your affiliate products the right way
- 7. Build relationships with other affiliate marketers and bloggers
- 8. Increase your affiliate commissions like a PRO
- 9. Optimize your website for high affiliate commissions
- 10. The importance of SEO
- 11. Competitive research is KEY
- 12. DO NOT make these mistakes as a beginner in affiliate marketing
- 13. Improve your brand to increase your partners' sales
- 14. Create an INCOME plan
- 15. Learn how to outsource time-consuming tasks
- Final thoughts on affiliate marketing for beginners
What is Affiliate Marketing and How Does It Work?
Affiliate marketing is the process of earning a commission by promoting other products.
You earn a commission for every successful sale you make. This is one of the best ways to make passive income online. That means you make profits even when you sleep. Isn't that a great idea?
How does it work?
Here is a simple explanation for you.
- You can find an amazing product that an affiliate program offers
- You send your website visitors to this affiliate program through your special tracking link (also known as the affiliate referral link).
- When your website visitor buys the product that you referred to, you will receive a commission on the sale (your commission depends on the products you are promoting).
Here's a great illustration that explains more about how it works.
Affiliate marketing is also growing rapidly. Did you know affiliate marketing is a huge $ 12 billion industry? It also accounts for 15% of all digital media revenue. Yeah, you heard right.
Here are some more interesting statistics about affiliate marketing.
- Awin subsidiaries made over $ 700 million last year (Awin was acquired by the ShareASale network).
- 81% of brands rely on affiliate programs
- Mobile devices account for more than 50% of partner-sourced traffic
- Jason Stone (also known as the Millionaire Mentor) generated $ 7 million in affiliate marketing revenue in a single year
Yes, there is enough potential in affiliate marketing for anyone to generate enough passive income. The first step in making money from affiliate marketing is building a BRAND.
If you appear all over the blogosphere, people will trust you and recognize you as an expert in your field.
This is how you can build a reputation online as a blogger or internet marketer. The more people talk about you and your company, the better money you can get from it.
So, if you're looking to learn how to make $ 10,000 and more per month using affiliate marketing, here are 15 PROVEN strategies. Even if you are a beginner, there are several ways you can use the following ways to make more money.
Let's begin. Get yourself a cup of coffee because this guide is going to be a HUGE resource.
Quick note: If you need help with affiliate marketing please email me at anil @ .com. I would like to help you
Affiliate Marketing For Beginners: 15 PROVEN Ways to Make $ 10,000 a Month from Affiliate Marketing
1. Use FREE psychology!
People love freebies. Facebook is free. Google is free. Gmail is free. WhatsApp is free.
Almost every billion dollar online business is FREE.
FREE is powerful.
Netflix is a billion dollar online movie streaming platform. Do you know why they are offering their users a free 30-day trial?
Because they know that the psychology of the outdoors works like a charm. It attracts new users to test their platform for a few weeks without risking anything. If you are satisfied, you will continue to use it or cancel your account.
So Netflix has NOTHING to lose and everything to gain.
Learn the psychology of Free from other successful companies so you can easily earn 10x your affiliate income.
Here are some of the practical ways you can leverage the power of FREE to get more sales.
Freebies work like a charm and easily go viral on social media websites.
If you want to get more visitors or subscribers, consider giving away the products you want (make sure they are relevant to your website topics so you can only target the target audience instead of giveaway seekers).
Here is a great example of how freebies are going viral online all the time.
Provide special offers
Why would someone buy from you instead of your competitors? What is unique about you? The reason we make HUGE on SEMrush is because we have special offers like free 30-day trials (SEMrush usually offers free 7-day trials).
Obviously, people interested in SEMrush prefer 30-day trials every day over 7-day trials. In addition, we create excellent tutorials and content related to SEMrush that will help us generate more sales with SEMrush.
What's the bottom line? Try to find ways to have special offers on specific affiliate products that you are promoting if you want to increase your commissions.
Freebies like whitepapers, cheat sheets, eBooks, etc. work like a charm to convert your website visitors into subscribers and buyers. In fact, we also offer freebies that range from eBooks to courses.
Check out our FREE Courses page for some ideas on how to create freebies for your website audience.
Here are some of the freebies we are currently offering to our blog audience.
- SEMrush Ultimate eBook (Free)
- FREE blogging course
- FREE affiliate marketing course
- FREE SEO course
Offer your audience FREE content. Make sure your freebies are worth paying for. Don't post useless content just because you're offering something for free.
Love This Beginner Affiliate Marketing Guide? Please consider sharing it with others
2. Choose the right products
Your online success depends on the products you are promoting.
Choosing the right affiliate products for advertising is key to generating more affiliate commissions, no matter what industry you are in.
If you're just starting out with affiliate-based marketing, how do you find the best products that are right for your target audience?
Here are some powerful ways to choose great products to promote as an affiliate marketer.
Make a list of the products to be advertised
Make a table and list all of your competitor's websites. The more websites there are, the better it is for you to find great products to promote. Make sure that your competitor list includes at least 20 to 30 websites.
Once you are done with that, you can find all of the affiliate products that your competitors are promoting on their websites. Yeah just do it.
Then make a list of all the potential products that you think are suitable for your target audience. Brainstorm all of the products you already use to run your blog (hosting, email marketing software, domain registrar, etc.), then figure out how to promote those products to your target audience.
You can also use marketing platforms to find a ton of products to promote on your affiliate-based website. Here are some of them that you can sign up for for free.
- Commission Junction
- Amazon employees
- eBay etc.
The simple exercise above is enough to select a ton of great affiliate products to promote on your website for more commissions.
That being said, here are some tips on how to find the best products for affiliate advertising.
- The first thing to remember in order to successfully select partner products is NOT to select too many products at the same time. It is better to choose 2 to 3 products when you are just starting out so that you can get a better idea of what they are all about, including their pros and cons, so that you can promote them to your blog audience more effectively.
- Before choosing a product to advertise, make sure you use it so that you can get an idea of its features and benefits. This is especially true for advertising internet marketing products.
- Consider products with high prices. The more we get into marketing, the more we recognize the importance of advertising for high-priced products. Not only do they offer you a huge commission per sale, but most high-priced products tend to offer top-notch features so they can sell out in just about any industry.
3. Create an effective content strategy
You need to know how successful affiliate marketers are making millions of dollars each year.
If you watch top marketers, you will notice one thing too often: they are all creating incredibly amazing content.
Content is one of the most important pillars in building a successful website that generates more sales every week.
Below are some of the Content types, with which you can get more affiliate sales on your websites in 2020.
- Product reviews
- Detailed case studies on your partner products
- Affiliate Product Comparisons
- Informative video tutorials on the products you are promoting
- Long form of instructions
- Summary of the contributions
Now, let's go into detail about each and every one of them so that you better understand how these content types will help you grow your overall affiliate sales.
Google always rewards websites that produce long-form content. Even if you run a website, you can use in-depth, in-depth articles about your partner products to get higher rankings in Google Search.
Here is a sample post on how we wrote a detailed case study on SEMrush (one of the few products we regularly advertise here).
Take a look at the screenshot below to see how Google treats the long form of how-to articles, even if it is product-based content.
The above figure shows you that Google is also showing us the SiteLinks for the case study we wrote for the partner product SEMrush.
Creating useful reviews about the products you are promoting is probably one of the most effective types of content that can help you generate more affiliate sales. Almost every affiliate marketer creates product reviews to increase their commissions.
Just select the product you want to write a review about. Use it for some time so that you get an idea of the features, pros and cons, and write everything you know about these products.
Here's a nice example of writing unbiased product reviews to drive more affiliate sales. And here's a great example of how to write engaging titles for review.
The key to using product reviews to generate more sales is to keep them unbiased. Not only do you promote a product to increase your commissions, do it because you want to help your audience choose the RIGHT products that will solve their problems. That way, you can easily convince more people to buy from you rather than your competition.
Summary of the contributions
Have you ever seen the most successful partner website Wirecutter? It is a product reviews-based website that was recently sold to the New York Times for a grand total of over $ 30 million.
The Wirecutter website mostly publishes list summaries where they compile a list of products that their target audience can choose (by including their affiliate referral links in them). Here is an example of a roundup post on email marketing.
As you can see above, we asked over 45 experts to share their best strategy, and we also included smart affiliate links on some of their recommended products.
Affiliate Product Comparisons
Just like product reviews, product comparisons work like a charm. All you need to do is find two or more highly relevant affiliate products to create product comparison posts that can easily go viral online and help you increase your affiliate sales.
If you are looking for an example, check out this comparison post so you can get a good understanding of how to create comparison postings for your partner products.
In the image above, you can see that we compared two of the amazing and highly relevant partner products with their features and prices (we also included a strong call to action).
Yes, we all know that the text format of content and product reviews works well for both increasing your search traffic and sales. However, if you ignore the second largest affiliate marketing search engine like YouTube, you are missing out on a lot of potential traffic and sales on your affiliate website.
Create informative video tutorials on the products you are promoting so you can include them on your blog posts (or attract new visitors from YouTube) too.Video product reviews convert well because they are easy to digest and you can include all of your affiliate links in your video description.
Here is a video product review we did for WPX hosting.
You can't be successful online if you follow the crowd. If your competitors are using articles to promote their affiliate products, start with webinars. That way, you can add more value to your audience by promoting your products with ease.
Promoting your products through webinars offers the following benefits.
- Webinars have the highest conversion rates (that is, the people who watch your webinars are most likely to buy from you).
- Webinars are an easy way to educate your audience about the products you are promoting
- Webinars help you establish yourself as an expert in your industry
So what are you waiting for? Use the PROVEN content types above to help drive your affiliates' sales.
4. Starting day 1, create an email list
Did you know that most successful bloggers make 70 to 80% of their income from their email list?
Yes that's true. Successful marketers like Ramit Sethi, Pat Flynn, and Neil Patel get most of their sales and profits from their email lists.
If you are looking to dive into affiliate marketing for more sales in 2020 and beyond, the priority is to create and grow an email list. Without building an email list, it's nearly impossible for you to convert your website visitors into leads and then sales.
An email list allows you to market your products to a list of audiences who are interested in buying your products.
So, you can say that an email list works like a money printing machine (but not exactly, you have to work hard for it). Did you know this email is getting you a whopping $ 40 ROI for every $ 1 you spend?
Email Marketing gives you the highest ROI!
That being said, here are some of the proven ways to make an amazing email list that will help you grow your affiliate sales no matter what industry you are in.
- Offer an incentive or a giveaway like e-books, videos, plugins, topics, or anything that is considered a valuable resource for your target audience in your industry.
- Use the right email marketing software to automate your email newsletters so that you can automatically send email to your subscribers as soon as they join your email list. It's also one of the most effective ways to build a relationship with your email subscribers.
- Put your email registration forms in the right places on your website. You can add them to the sidebar, notification bar, footer, About Us page, and your blog posts to convert more visitors into subscribers.
5. Learn how to generate more traffic for your blog and keep it there
More visitors = more sales
Website traffic is the online currency.
There are literally an infinite number of ways online to generate traffic to a blog or website.
But still ... most affiliate marketers struggle to get more visitors to their website.
Whether you agree or not, website traffic is the lifeblood of any profitable affiliate website. If you are not getting enough traffic it is impossible to make a living from affiliate marketing.
So how can you get more traffic to your blog? Here are some best practices for driving traffic to your websites.
Reply to Quora
Quora is an amazing platform for online developers such as affiliate marketers and bloggers.
We have already exceeded over 1 million views from our Quora responses.
Have a look;
When used properly, you can get amazing benefits from Quora including;
- Drive high quality visitors to your website
- It will also help you with affiliate sales (we've done some affiliate sales, just don't include affiliate links directly in your responses).
- It will help you build and grow your brand online
- It helps you connect with great people in your industry, and the list goes on
The best way to get more out of Quora is to find the right questions. Make sure to post replies to Quora regularly so you can build a fan base. Spam not. Do not link or plagiarize your partner products. Otherwise you will be banned!
Important: If you are looking for a detailed guide, please check out How To Increase Traffic Using The Quora Guide. There you will find a lot of useful things as well as practical examples.
Reuse your articles
Reusing your content is the best way to get more attention to your content. If you've already spent a lot of time creating great content, then you should definitely repurpose your content.
If you're interested in affiliate marketing and looking for long-term success, you should be “anywhere”. Take Smart Passive Income's Pat Flynn, for example. He is everywhere. He does podcasts. He creates videos. He publishes articles on his blog. He runs a Facebook group.
He reuses his content over and over again in various formats such as eBooks, videos, infographics, etc. You should also try this if you want to get more out of affiliate marketing.
Here are a few ways you can reuse your items.
- Slide shows
Create videos on YouTube
YouTube is the second largest search engine after Google. No matter what niche you are in, if you want to get ahead in affiliate marketing, you should try YouTube video marketing.
Create videos, tutorials and product reviews. Learn how to optimize your YouTube videos for higher rankings. Learn how to monetize your videos using partner products.
I'm late for YouTube video marketing, but I'm consistently working to create better videos on my channel. If you are interested in affiliate marketing and SEO, you can subscribe to my YouTube channel.
Here is a quick tip to help you create better performing videos on YouTube: Create detailed videos.
Did you know that longer videos (15+ minutes) outperformed shorter videos in YouTube Search?
As you can see above, according to the Backlinko case study, your YouTube videos will rank higher if your video length is more than 15 minutes. Try it!
Update your old content
Updating your old blog posts is one of the most underrated SEO techniques. Most new bloggers and online creators are constantly posting new content on their blogs, but often ignoring their old content.
Don't make this mistake. Find your top performing blog posts in Google Analytics and update them with high quality, up-to-date information.
Also, find all the old content that is not getting you traffic (or getting less traffic) and find better keywords, tweak it with better content and create some links to increase traffic.
6. Promote your affiliate products the right way
Choosing the best products to advertise is one thing, and effectively promoting it to a wider audience is another thing. Your affiliate sales will largely depend on your advertising tactics.
Here are some of the top ways you can effectively promote your partner products to increase sales.
- Creating a Page "Tools we use": One of the easiest ways to promote your affiliate products is to create a "Tools We Use" resource or page and send your website visitors to those pages. Just make sure you have a list of all the affiliate tools you use and recommend (along with your affiliate referral links).
- Create an email sequence for your best products: If you already have an email list, create an exclusive email sequence (5-part or 7-part email sequence) telling your email subscribers about your products with the best Ability to inform performance.
- Make the most of the Black Friday season: The Black Friday season only happens once a year and usually lasts a week in November. This is the time when most partner product providers are offering up to 90% off their products.
- Create income reports: Pat Flynn's blog is famous for income reporting. He publishes his earnings reports every month and shares all of his traffic sources along with his sources of income. People love to read, comment on, and share these types of posts (even we love them and usually publish income reports once a year).
7. Build relationships with other affiliate marketers and bloggers
It doesn't matter what niche you are in, you should network with fellow bloggers and affiliate marketers. Why? Networking will help you with the following.
- It will help you gain more knowledge
- It helps you generate more traffic, create links, social shares, etc.
- Networking with others can work like a win / win approach as you can help each other
- And the list goes on
So how can you build relationships with others? Here are some of the best platforms that you can use to network with others.
Facebook is without a doubt the best social media network for connecting with other bloggers. Fortunately, there are a ton of groups on Facebook that you can join to interact with others.
You can ask questions, share your knowledge, and often interact with other bloggers through Facebook groups. Make sure you only join the Facebook groups that you see active engagement in.
Don't share your links or try to promote your content as nobody likes spam. Instead, try to add as much value as you can.
You can start by joining our VIP group as we have an amazing community of over 10,000 people interested in blogging, SEO, and affiliate marketing.
The benefit of running a Facebook group is that you often get better engagement when promoting a product or blog post.
Reddit is another popular platform for bloggers and internet marketers. Reddit allows users to discuss and vote on content that other users have submitted (e.g. likes on Facebook).
You can also find a wide range of topics including marketing to SEO to blogging and more, where you can follow topics to find the best information on the web. You can also reply to other questions or create new posts or questions to connect with your audience.
Online communities and forums are great places to hang out online. Not only can you learn amazing things, but you can also ask questions or share your blog to get more traffic.
Here are some of the best FREE blogging forums that are extremely useful in beginner affiliate marketing.
- Warrior Forum (an excellent forum for digital marketers)
- Blog Engage (a great platform for bloggers to share their articles and connect with others)
- Digital Point Forum (best platform for online internet marketing enthusiasts)
- Product hunting (allows users to share and discover new products)
You can also subscribe to other YouTube channels in your niche and share and comment on their videos for better connections with others.
8. Increase your affiliate commissions like a PRO
It feels amazing to receive your first affiliate sale.
But you shouldn't stop here. You need to set smart goals, such as:
- Make your first 100 affiliate sales
- Make your first 250 affiliate sales
- Make your first 500 affiliate sales
- Make your first 1000 affiliate sales and so on
The only way to succeed as an affiliate marketer is to increase your earnings and keep growing in sales and commissions. This is how the average affiliate marketer becomes a super affiliate marketer.
If you're wondering how to increase your affiliate commissions from pathetic sales to a ton of affiliate sales per week, here are some beginner affiliate marketing strategies that you can use.
- Listen to the needs and wants of your target audience. Most successful marketers are successful for one reason: They listen to their customers. If you want to increase your affiliate sales, you need to find out what your target audience really wants.
- Spy on your competitors' tactics. The best place to increase your affiliate sales is to find out what different tactics your competitors are using on their websites to increase their affiliate sales.
- Keep learning. Most people stop learning once they get a decent affiliate commission. You shouldn't stop. Your growth begins as you learn more. You can read marketing, psychology, and business books to get your audience's pulse.
- Use your analytics data to your advantage. The more you learn about how to generate sales, the better you will understand how to increase them.
9. Optimize your website for high affiliate commissions
Optimizing your website for more affiliate sales is just as important as promoting your affiliate products.
Here are some of the most effective ways you can optimize your website for more sales.
Use landing pages
Landing pages convert like a charm when it comes to increasing your website's overall conversion rates and sales.
Landing pages are less of a distraction to your website's audience (as they often contain just one or two calls to action). Here's a good illustration of how to create high conversion landing pages.
Don't tell them to buy, RECOMMEND!
Do you know the ONE secret that successful affiliate marketer Pat Flynn uses on his blogs to get more income from his affiliate sales?
It's ... he never asks his readers to buy his affiliate products, he just recommends it by telling how the particular product has helped his business. This way he can generate more money because he is not lazy.
In addition, he builds trust in his readers by making them aware of the products he is promoting.
For example, Pat Flynn never asks his readers directly to buy Bluehost (one of the best hosting services out there). But he does get them bought by creating a 4 minute free WordPress installation guide by making videos, writing articles, and using banner ads.
That way, he can only generate an incredible $ 30,000 per month through Bluehost!
What do they get when they buy from you?
This is another important consideration when selling more products from your affiliate campaign. Always ask yourself the question, "What is it for them to buy my products?".
If you give people strong reasons to buy your products, and if they find it more useful to buy from you than anyone else, your affiliate sales can go viral.
But how can you do that
One little trick is to create premium products on your blogs and give them to whoever buys through your affiliate links for free!
For example, if you have a $ 37 eBook guide (that you sell to your blog visitors), you can give it away for FREE to those who buy hosting through your affiliate link.
With a strong call to action
The difference between a successful affiliate marketer and a newbie is the call to action. Call to Actions (CTA) are most powerful when it comes to increasing your website's online sales.
Here are some of the powerful actions you can use while making your copy, designing your landing pages, or creating product reviews.
- Grab the deal now
- Get a discount right away
- Use this special code
- Click here to activate the deal
- And so on
Just be sure to keep an eye on the CTAs your competitors are using to increase their affiliate sales.
10. The importance of SEO
Ask any affiliate marketer their preferred source of website traffic, and most of them tell search engines.That is the importance of search engine traffic in driving more sales to your websites.
SEO is one of the most effective and FREE ways to attract highly skilled visitors from search engines like Google to increase your overall sales and affiliate commissions.
Here's How SEO Can Help Your Sales;
- By getting the first few pages of product reviews, you can generate a ton of sales automatically
- By attracting more people from search engines, you can easily increase your website's conversion rates
- SEO is an easy way to create and grow an email list that you can later use to build a relationship with your audience to increase your affiliate sales.
Take a look at the image below to see the importance of SEO and long-tail keywords.
How Can You Use SEO to Increase Your Overall Affiliate Sales?
Here are some of the smart SEO tips for affiliate marketers to use to grow their organic traffic along with affiliate sales.
- Build a solid keyword strategy. SEO without keyword research is useless and is especially true for affiliate websites. Using the right keywords that your target audience is putting on Google is the fastest way to increase your traffic.
- Always optimize your URLs by keeping search engines in mind. Don't use long URLs if you want to optimize better and get more search engine traffic to your websites. Smart and short URLs always work like a charm.
- Display product inspection fields. If you're using a WordPress platform, there's a plugin called WP Review Pro which helps you easily optimize your affiliate product reviews.
11. Competitor research is the KEY
What's the one thing most industries have in common? Competition. Yes, almost every industry has a certain amount of competitors and if you find a niche without any competition, you shouldn't probably pick that.
That being said, if you want to make more bucks from affiliate marketing, you should analyze your competition thoroughly. Here are some of the best ways you can do that to grow your affiliate sales.
- Find out your competitors' ad copies. If your industry is filled with enough competition, most of them are probably using ads on Google to drive more traffic to their sites.
- Find what keywords your competitors are using to generate more traffic to their sites from search engines like Google.
- Find out the backlink sources of your competitors so you can also find ways to attract more links to your site which will help you increase your organic traffic and sales.
Here's a great video by Neil Patel on how to do organic research with ease (which helps you in competitor research as well).
12. Do NOT make these mistakes as an affiliate marketing beginner
Here are some of the dumbest online marketing mistakes most people make, avoid them and you'll be on your way to getting rich online.
Mistake 1: Not investing in anything
One of the most common mistakes we notice that most new affiliate marketers do is this: they NEVER spend any money on their website.
If you want to make more money from blogging, you should be investing first.
- You need a proper website design (premium WordPress themes cost you a couple of dollars and it is a must)
- You need a faster, safer and reliable hosting (another expense)
- You need to get access to the RIGHT tools (they can be email marketing software, SEO tools, etc)
Mistake 2: It is NOT a get rich quick scheme
The ugly side of making money online, especially from affiliate marketing is that most people think it as a get rich quick scheme. If you're also one among them, you should be aware of the fact that it is NOT.
Building a successful marketing website that makes consistent sales takes a lot of time and effort. You can't simply make people buy stuff from you out of thin air. You have to work hard to get your first few sales.
That being said, you'll earn a lot more commission when you find and promote products that give you recurring commissions.
That means, you won't just get a commission for one time but you'll be getting recurring commissions every single month as long as the customer is paying for the products you promote.
Mistake 3: You don't know how to sell anything online
This is NOT a mistake though. Selling has more to do with learning. If you learn how to sell online, you'll be successful no matter what industry you are in.
The reason why the majority of people don't make many sales with affiliate marketing is that they don't know how to sell online. If you're also one among them, you should realize the fact that selling is also a skill that you can develop and master.
You can read books on marketing and psychology or listen to podcasts from successful affiliate marketers like Pat Flynn so you can learn so much about selling online without sounding like a salesman.
Mistake 4: Lack of patience
This is similar to mistake # 2 but slightly different. You need to know a simple fact that most affiliate marketers take at least 6 to 8 months to start getting more sales to their affiliate products (even if they are very good at selling and promoting their products). This gives you an idea about how much you should wait until you start considering quitting.
13. Improve your brand to boost your affiliate sales
Affiliate marketing is not just about being an anonymous guy on the net and hoping for millions of dollars each year.
It doesn't work anymore. You've to build a personal brand and set yourself like an expert in your industry.
Here are a few affiliate marketing tips for beginners to improve your brand which in turn helps you boost your affiliate sales.
- Produce long-form content: We can't tell you how important long form content is. Not only does it rank well on Google but also it helps you establish yourself as a thought leader in your industry.
- Start vlogging and share your personal stories: Most affiliate marketers don't share their personal lives which we think is essential to set yourself as an expert and people easily get connected to personal stories.
- Start a podcast: This is one of the super-fast ways to boost your brand as most people are afraid of doing podcasts. Start interviewing other bloggers in your industry, start small, and grow big.
Build credibility by creating videos
“Credibility is essential in online businesses. Without online credibility, you can't make enough money ”
Most people don't make big bucks through marketing just because their system works in the old fashioned way. That is:
- They create tons of content (which is actually of no use!)
- Drive 'untargeted traffic' (which is useless)
- Then they try to monetize their traffic (by promoting every kind of affiliate program)
And they expect great results from their marketing campaigns.
Then what should be your primary goal to make more money out of it? What is the unique affiliate profit model then? Here is how it goes.
- Find out specific audience and create content for them
- Drive targeted traffic either through paid ads or free traffic such as organic traffic, social media traffic
- Promoting the RIGHT products to their targeted audience via email marketing or their blogs
- Creating VIDEOS to make their audience aware of their products (giving personal touch by creating head-to-head videos you can build credibility and also you can boost your affiliate sales)
Did you know that “promoting a product by releasing a video about its features and benefits can boost affiliate sales to 70%”? So try to create videos at least on a few of your targeted products that sell more.
Never underestimate the power of social media as it can help you easily increase your brand along with traffic and sales to your sites. Instead of picking too many platforms at a time, pick one or two. Start growing your audience and engage with to boost your personal brand.
14. Create a REVENUE plan
"A goal without a plan is just a wish."
Do you have a revenue plan for your affiliate website?
Where do you want to see yourself after 3 months, 6 months and 12 months?
How much money will you make from your website after 1 year? Make sure you create a monetization plan for your partner website.
Analyze your competitors and find out how they are promoting their partner products. Create your own design to increase your affiliate sales. Think about your target audience.
Find the products they love. Build a solid content sales plan so you can make money by helping your target audience.
One important thing: don't put all your eggs in one basket.
What do we mean by that? Don't just depend on one traffic source like Google or one source of income like affiliate marketing.
Yes, affiliate marketing can be lucrative and help you earn thousands of dollars in passive income, but it can go wrong. Traffic might drop significantly overnight, or your partner product vendor / developer might lower their partner commission rates.
Therefore, always try to diversify your sources of traffic and income in order to survive in the long term. That's the ONLY reason I still work full time and make a living blogging, even after a decade of starting.
15. Learn how to outsource time-consuming tasks
Blogging is time consuming. Affiliate marketing is time consuming. There are a lot of tasks that you should be doing with Blogger as an affiliate marketer.
These tasks include;
- Content creation
- Thematic research
- Email Marketing
- Social media advertising
- Learn how to sell online
- Try new sources of traffic and income and the list goes on
If you REALLY want to make more than $ 10,000 a month through affiliate marketing, you should outsource most of the time-consuming tasks.
In fact, I also outsource most of the tasks related to blogging, including content marketing, social media advertising, Facebook ads, and so on. This gives me MORE time to work on things that are really important.
Here's an incredible tip for outsourcing time-consuming tasks so you can focus on the real things like generating traffic, increasing your affiliate sales, and so on.
Create a team.
Yes, you do need a team to outsource most of the blogging related tasks.
One for content creation, one for social media promotion, one for SEO, one for email marketing, and the list goes on. If you're on a tight budget, you can hire one or two people to work for you full-time.
Make sure to check their skills (or experience) before working with them. That's how I did it and I always offer long-term work instead of finding a new man every month.
So my suggestion to you is: find someone with the right skills and work with them for a long time (instead of just a few months). Not only will it develop a strong bond, but it will also be helpful for both of you to make more profits online.
Also, make sure you create a strategy. Here are the 5 essential pillars of a successful website strategy that will help you increase your affiliate sales, even if you are a beginner.
- Content Marketing Strategy: Content is king when it comes to increasing your online sales. No matter what industry you are in, in order to grow your affiliate sales, you need to create a long form of extremely useful content for your target audience.
- SEO strategy: Your keywords, content, user interaction, and website speed all play a role in developing an SEO strategy. Here is a simple tutorial that will help you create a great SEO strategy for your website.
- Strategy for building email lists: Just like with SEO, you also need the most important part of building a successful affiliate website, which is your email list. You should figure out how to turn random visitors to your website into leads and turn them into loyal subscribers. Offer freebies, give free things too often, do more than your competitors.
- Advertising strategy: Content alone will not help you grow your affiliate sales. Your advertising strategy will help you stay one step ahead of your competition. It includes social media advertising, list building, guest posting to link, etc.
- Monetization strategy : Without a monetization plan, no one will be able to make affiliate sales through their websites anymore. Create a sales funnel. A blog sales funnel will help turn regular visitors into email subscribers into buyers.
Lastly, we're going to wrap up this beginner's guide to affiliate marketing with an amazing quote from Larry Bussey.
More Affiliate Marketing For Beginners Related Resources:
- How To Do SEO For An Affiliate Website
- Top Affiliate Link Cloaking Plugins for 2020
- Why is nobody buying your partner product?
Final thoughts on affiliate marketing for beginners
Affiliate Marketing is NOT a quick-fill program. So don't expect quick results. It's a marathon, not a sprint.
While you don't have to be particularly smart to grow your affiliate sales, you have to work extremely hard to be successful.
In short, you need to know how to sell to REAL people.
You can't do this simply by promoting your products that your readers are not interested in. They have to find out their needs and wants and then promote the products that solve their problems.
What do you think of this Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Affiliate Marketing? Share your thoughts in the comments.
- How many wives did Chandragupta Maurya have
- What are the most visited Quora Spaces
- What is ingenious intelligence level
- Why is it fun to play in casinos?
- How can I be a great scientist
- Which Scrabble tiles are the most valuable
- Are there female construction workers
- How do I buy a real gun
- How borderline personality disorder BPD is diagnosed
- What is it like to move to Canada
- Why do people become foster parents
- What are some inexpensive watches
- How can I settle in Kasol
- Is it legal to stuff a person?
- What is word of mouth marketing
- Why is the outer core of the earth fluid?
- Why are relationships so complicated
- What makes you cry uncontrollably?
- What are the goals of customer satisfaction
- How do psychiatrists treat homosexuality
- How is London
- How were Roman roads maintained?
- Can a US Army soldier be suspended?
- Is it illegal to sell homemade weapons?
- What's a niche in dropshipping
- 50 is 30 of what number
- Life is essentially an RPG
- What is Greta Thunberg's IQ
- Trump is being blackmailed
- How Walmart manages its supply chain
- What are content ideas
- Can we tear down communism in Vietnam?
- How do I masturbate when I'm 13
- How long does affiliate marketing take