What is spectrum 1
Atomic energy exchange
Basically, a distinction is made between spectra according to the way they are createdEmission spectra and Absorption spectra. Continuous spectra or discrete line spectra can occur.
The emission spectrum is understood to be the electromagnetic spectrum that is emitted by bodies, atoms or molecules after suitable excitation, e.g. by heating, impact by electrons, etc. The bodies, atoms or molecules represent the radiation transmitters.
Continuous and discrete emission spectra
Hot materials such as a filament or the sun usually send in continuous emission spectrum out. If you examine such a spectrum with a prism or a spectrometer, you will find that with such a continuous spectrum the different colors from red to violet merge seamlessly into one another (see Fig. 1).
Atoms or molecules of a dilute gas, on the other hand, emitdiscrete emission spectra, also called line spectra. Discrete emission spectra usually consist of several individual lines that are separated from one another. The positions of the individual lines in the spectrum are characteristic of the respective atom or molecule. Typical spectral lamps are mercury and sodium vapor lamps.
If you shine through bodies, atoms or molecules (not too hot) with white light, it may be that lines or entire areas are missing in the per se continuous spectrum of white light after the radiation. In this case one speaks of a discrete absorption spectrum. In this case, the bodies, atoms or molecules represent radiation absorbers.
- Are pc cleaning apps a scam?
- What does that mean in Algebra 2
- Are online certificates good
- Coins from 1945 are worth something
- Why is everyone playing tricks on others
- What does Genesis 29
- Which gear is the fastest
- Food poisoning from Scombroid can ever be fatal
- What is the answer to a2 b2
- Which micronic niches do you know
- Is thrash metal satanic
- Why is warm water harmful to the kidneys
- What was the religion of Jesus Christ
- How are toddlers supervised in the day care center?
- Boris Johnson is a coward
- Who employs statisticians
- Rajdeep Sardesai is the worst journalist ever
- Miss living in the UK
- What is Pakistani Food
- How can I find a good healer
- How can you improve your school
- What is the Mediterranean diet
- Everything changes
- Myanmar people celebrate Buddha Purnima