What do some indie games have to play
08 How indie games hold their own in the game market
Manufacturers publish several thousand new computer games every month through various distribution platforms, the most influential of which is Steam. Most of these games are indie games, the independent games. The current boom in this scene is comparable to the heyday of independent film productions in the 1970s.
Steam allows manufacturers to publish games without a publisher. In addition, games can be bought online on all modern consoles and the software and hardware have now become cheap or free. However, the independent games are struggling to survive due to market oversaturation. In addition, Steam sets the prices for the sale and prefers the big game makers.
In contrast to the blockbuster productions, the indie games are mostly developed with little money, which is why they are also called low-budget games. Ingenuity is required when it comes to financing. From non-profit institutions to crowdfunding, government funding and funding from the big game companies Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony, everything is conceivable. Sometimes the big companies work with indie developers. You then contribute to the development costs, do marketing and advertising.
As with the blockbuster productions, there are all kinds of games in the indie games, even boring ones without any claim. However, some are characterized by an imaginative graphic style, novel playful elements and a variety of topics. Some of them deal with complex topics such as resistance to National Socialism, environmental pollution, the situation of Native Americans, displacement, science fiction, poetry and much more. Some of the content is extremely well researched and in-depth.
The development team is often a small group of people or individuals. Some start doing it during their studies, sometimes out of conviction, because they want to make a difference in society. The indie developer scene is colorful and diverse, coming from all walks of life and many different ethnic groups. They present their games at game festivals such as AMAZE in Berlin.
Crowdfunding: is a method of fundraising that calls upon large numbers of people over the Internet to fund a project.
- Why is Neil deGrasse Tyson special
- Can you make yourself anorexic?
- Support Donald Trump
- What is the best employee loyalty software
- Why is a cache useful
- Are seedless grapes GMO
- Jeff Bezos is a Republican
- Are there weed dealers in NYC
- What is the Deccan Plateau covered with?
- Why are Singaporeans behaving badly in Malaysia?
- Gives Syrian citizenship to any country
- How subjective is attractiveness
- Is WordPress a hosting site
- Where can I get free blog templates
- What is a milling machine
- What does silent thinking mean
- Where does immunology come from?
- Atoms twist spacetime
- Police officers practice shooting
- What are SSB interview questions and answers
- Can shoot down blowgun darts
- How do I advertise my idea
- What is the lead generation tool
- What does geometric probability distribution mean
- How do people survive in extreme poverty
- Why was Zakir Naik banned in the UK?
- What does an established coronary artery disease mean?
- What is the best FAQ plugin for WordPress
- How does the delivery of food on demand work
- What are some innovative ideas for business
- You can retire on 500,000
- Should the government regulate sugar
- What are famous Bhopal foods
- What is the probability of getting 3?