What is a topological space
[next] [prev] [prev-tail] [tail] [up]
2.9.6 and as a topological space.
Let us summarize the properties of the open sets. Let it be a metric space and be the family of all open sets in. Then applies
Definition 2.9.27. A family of subsets of a basic set (i.e.) which fulfills the properties (2.50) - (2.52) is called a topology, the pair is called a topological space. The elements are subsets of what are called environments.
The family of open sets of a metric space always forms a topology and thus gives the structure of a topological space. The topology created in this way on a metric space is called the canonical or the induced topology. The elements of this topology, i.e. the surroundings, are nothing other than the open sets of metric space.
Example 2.9.28. An important example of topological spaces. Since and are metric spaces, a corresponding topological structure is induced in each case. The environments in these topologies are the open sets in and. A set is open in and, if each of its points also contains a nontrivial open sphere,,.
Problem 2.9.29. At least the so-called trivial topology can be introduced on any set. Show that the axiomatics of topology is fulfilled. However, this choice of topology often proves to be unsuitable for applications. A trivial distance function for and for can also be defined on each set. Show that the axiomatics of a distance function satisfies and that this trivial metric induces the trivial topology on!
[next] [prev] [prev-tail] [front] [up]
- What counts as poor hygiene
- How to order free food
- People really enjoy retirement
- INCORRECT ACCOUNT PROHIBITED FROM QUORA 3
- What are some legendary video games
- What operating system do ATMs use
- Who is the owner of NASA
- How is the Czech r pronounced?
- Which countries don't celebrate Christmas?
- What is ipconfig all about
- How does life test wisdom
- What is the best food in australia
- How are you diagnosed with ADHD
- Conservatives agree to collapsed responses to Quora
- Is rainwater drinkable
- Can people manipulate lightning
- What makes a great digital strategy
- Are Chinese obsessed with food
- What is the most expensive samurai sword
- Dark matter affects the speed of the planet
- What is a legal ghost weapon
- Bending time is possible at all
- What is your identity
- What are the symbols of justice
- Is the fasting diet really safe for your health
- What are some creative breakfast foods
- Is organic oatmeal gluten-free
- Any 1 Website Builder Apps
- Why am I happy alone?
- What kind of MBTI guy is Angelina Jolie
- Are people who hate music normal?
- Why does Bolivia have two capitals
- Will mass shootings ever stop?
- Humans invented gods