What is sock puppet
Sock puppet (German)
Part of speech: noun, (Female)Hyphenation:
- So | cken | pup | pe, Plural: So | cken | pup | pen
- IPA: [ˈZɔkn̩ˌpʊpə]
- 1) a hand puppet made from a sock
- 2) transferred, network culture: a second or multiple user account of a person who is already logged on to a page
- Determinative compound, composed of the nouns sock and Doll as well as the joint element-n
- 2) Fake account, multi-account
- 1) hand puppet
- 2) user account
- 1) Sock puppets are often used for educational or therapeutic purposes.
- 2) The creation of Sock puppets is frowned upon because every person should only have one identity, even on the Internet.
- 2) A second user account is only available for Sock puppet, if it is misused.
- 2) troll
- Nominative: singular Sock puppet; Plural Sock puppets
- Genitive: singular Sock puppet; Plural Sock puppets
- Dative: singular Sock puppet; Plural Sock puppets
- Accusative: singular Sock puppet; Plural Sock puppets
- English: sock puppet; 2) fake account
- French: 1) poupée de chiffon (Female); 2) faux-nez (male)
- Dutch: 1) sokpop
- Spanish: 1) títere (male)
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„Under a troll army one understands an organized group of individuals who with the help of postings, comments and messages about Sock puppets-Accounts specifically influence opinion on online platforms.“
netzpolitik.org, October 22, 2018
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Thesaurus & Synonyms
- Fake account
- Multi account
Another word (synonym) for sock puppet - Source: OpenThesaurus
Entries from our dictionary containing "sock puppet":
sock: ... socks, long socks, wearing socks, warm socks Word formations: 1) Red sock, sock holder, sock puppet, sock carrier Translations Afrikaans: 1) sokkie Arabic: ...
account: ... Microsoft account, Office account, SharePoint account, Skype account, Twitter account, Yahoo! account 3) Sock puppet application examples: 1) A chart of accounts is a systematically sorted ...
Doll:… Matryoshka, fashion doll, porcelain doll, mannequin, sleeping doll, tailor's dummy, sex doll, sock doll, talking doll, stick doll, stick doll, rag doll, straw doll 3)…
Sock puppets: Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: So | cken | pup | pen Grammatical features: Nominative plural of the noun Sockenpuppe Genitive Plural of the noun Sockenpuppe Dative plural of the noun Sockenpuppe Accusative plural of the noun Sockenpuppe
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Sockenpuppe" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (19.5.2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Sockenpuppe/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. Write a usage hint or an example and help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Sock puppets (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: So | cken | pup | pen Grammatical features: nominative plural of…
Socks (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: So | ckens Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈzɔkn̩s],…
Socratinus (Latin) Part of speech: adjective Hyphenation: so | cra | ti | nus, so | cra | ti | na, so | cra | ti | num Word meaning / Definition: 1) ...
Sod (German) Part of speech: noun, (male) Cases: nominative: singular sod; Plural sod genitive: singular sods; ...
soda (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter / feminine) Cases: nominative: singular 1 soda; Singular 2 soda; Plural - ...
Sodalisque (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular sodalisque; Plural sodalisks genitive: singular ...
Sodalisks (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: So | da | lis | ken Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˌzodaˈlɪskn̩]…
Sodality (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular sodality; Plural sodalities genitive: singular ...
- What happened to the Austrian Nazis after World War II
- Where are the graves of the Roman emperors
- How much does a crore cost in GBP
- Who is the least selfish celebrity
- Did Jesus really rise from the grave?
- How do jewelers make a profit
- Can I vote in two primaries
- Farts animals and birds like humans
- How sick of telling someone about it
- Zillow uses machine learning which algorithm
- What makes you hesitate
- Calcium causes heart disease
- What is the afterlife like for the dead
- Is money a discrete or continuous variable
- Loyalty is a virtue
- Has Volkswagen ever lied to its consumers?
- Are handguns or revolvers the most powerful weapon
- What online branding strategies do you recommend
- Why is time relative 2
- Can I promote Clickbank products with PPV?
- Are there still vertically written languages today?
- What will the NRA replace
- What's trending in the US now
- Which marketing needs does gamification best solve