How much food can a person eat
How much meat is the right amount?
There is a lot of arguing about the amount of meat, some consider meat to be the main component of the meal, for others it is at best a fine side dish.
The German Nutrition Society (DGE) recommends eating meat in moderation, a total of no more than 300-600 grams (g) of meat and sausage per week for an adult.
Here you will find the DGE's 10 rules for wholesome food and drink. Processed meat in particular - sausage and meat products - should only be consumed in moderate amounts, as the cancer researchers of the World Health Organization (WHO) emphasized in autumn 2015.
The right portion size
Different amounts of meat are recommended depending on the dish.
As a rule of thumb, these numbers apply per serving:
|Boneless meat:||125 - 150 g|
|Meat on the bone:||150 - 250 g|
|Minced meat:||100-150 g|
|Sausage insert:||50-90 g|
In many cases, however, the quantities can also be reduced. For more information, see How much meat does a portion need?
Is it also possible without meat?
If you want to do without meat entirely, you can do so without any problems. There is enough protein in milk, yoghurt, cheese, legumes and cereals; Combinations such as potatoes with egg, or milk with cereal / bread are ideal. Instead of meat, fish can of course also be eaten. Vitamins and iron are mainly offered by whole grain cereal products, ideally always in combination with vegetables or fruit rich in vitamin C.
If you don't just want to forego meat, but also dairy products and eggs, you have to deal a little more intensively with the value of food in order to still have a full-fledged diet. We will provide you with information on everything you need to know about vegetarian and vegan nutrition in a separate article.
- Freelance is better than a regular job
- Why are elections important in a democracy
- How can I waste less time
- What do quasars emit
- How much does personalization increase sales?
- How was your MICA interview experience
- What are some experiences from Chadar Trek
- What is the best brand AR 15
- Can you play Fortnite without WiFi?
- Spreads stage 3 breast cancer
- Really killed Hashirama Madara
- Homework is bad for young students
- What's the point of a paradox
- Can Mars support human life?
- What is the meaning of the Plancks constant
- Time is energy
- What is Weighted Distribution in FMCG
- How do you fight like John Wick
- What is the lead generation tool
- A heap of victims can eat noodles
- Country code 0044
- What is fine jewelry
- Doctors are rich in America
- What do you think of Hindu nationalism