What if the gout is left untreated
Harrold LR, Mazor KM, Velten S, Ockene IS, Yood RA. Patients and providers view gout differently: a qualitative study. Chronic Illn 2010; 6 (4): 263-271.
Jamnik J, Rehman S, Blanco Mejia S, de Souza RJ, Khan TA, Head LA et al. Fructose intake and risk of gout and hyperuricemia: a systematic review and meta-analysis of prospective cohort studies. BMJ Open 2016; 6 (10): e013191.
Li X, Meng X, Timofeeva M, Tzoulaki I, Tsilidis KK, Ioannidis JP et al. Serum uric acid levels and multiple health outcomes: umbrella review of evidence from observational studies, randomized controlled trials, and Mendelian randomization studies. BMJ 2017; 357: j2376.
Martini N, Bryant L, Te Karu L, Aho L, Chan R, Miao J et al. Living with gout in New Zealand: an exploratory study into people's knowledge about the disease and its treatment. J Clin Rheumatol 2012; 18 (3): 125-129.
Newberry SJ, FitzGerald JD, Motala A, Booth M, Maglione MA, Han D et al. Diagnosis of Gout: A Systematic Review in Support of an American College of Physicians Clinical Practice Guideline. Ann Intern Med 2017; 166 (1): 27-36.
Qaseem A, Harris RP, Forciea MA. Management of Acute and Recurrent Gout: A Clinical Practice Guideline From the American College of Physicians. Ann Intern Med 2017; 166 (1): 58-68.
Qaseem A, McLean RM, Starkey M, Forciea MA. Diagnosis of Acute Gout: A Clinical Practice Guideline From the American College of Physicians. Ann Intern Med 2017; 166 (1): 52-57.
Richette P, Bard T. Gout. Lancet 2010; 375 (9711): 318-328.
Roddy E, Mallen CD, Doherty M. Gout. BMJ 2013; 347: f5648.
Shekelle PG, FitzGerald J, Newberry SJ, Motala A, O'Hanlon CE, Okunogbe A et al. Management of Gout. 03.2016. (AHRQ Comparative Effectiveness Reviews; Volume 176).
Tausche AK, Jansen TL, Schröder HE, Bornstein SR, Aringer M, Müller-Ladner U. Gout - current diagnosis and treatment. Dtsch Arztebl Int 2009; 106 (34-35): 549-555.
IQWiG health information is intended to help understand the advantages and disadvantages of important treatment options and health care offers.
Whether one of the options we have described actually makes sense in individual cases can be clarified in a conversation with a doctor. Gesundheitsinformation.de can support the discussion with doctors and other experts, but not replace it. We do not offer individual advice.
Our information is based on the results of high quality studies. They are created by a team of authors from medicine, science and the editorial team and reviewed by experts outside IQWiG. In our methods, we describe in detail how we develop our texts and keep them up to date.
- Would you date someone who is overweight
- Law school is worthless
- Why would Pelosi block impeachment proceedings?
- What is the dimension less physical quantity
- Why do highly skilled workers leave China
- How are coins made in India
- What is your favorite card game
- What are the main motives for murder
- How can non-Singaporeans learn Singlish
- Is aluminum biodegradable
- How were Roman roads maintained?
- What is a macro in C programming
- Do you know someone who hates technology
- What is the best topic for Elementor
- Dumps a cow hurts
- What exactly does a scientific law describe?
- What is good for smokers
- How is the ranking at FMS DU
- Indonesians eat Nasi Padang for breakfast
- How does C compare to Rust
- Which plants grow fastest at night?
- To what extent does space stop expanding?
- How are US Army soldiers paid
- What is SAS Grid