How do I appear offline in Discord
How to be invisible in Discord
Discord is a social platform for gamers, so wanting to be invisible on Discord seems like a contradiction in terms. However, when you're preparing for a raid, taking care of support tasks for your guild, or focusing on crafting or leveling, there may sometimes be times when you need a little rest without logging out of your chat server. Then the appearance appears as invisible.
Sure, it only takes a second to log out of Discord, but then you could miss important messages, calls for help, or an interesting chat. I built rockets in Eve while looking for ore to be invisible and then heard a cry for help from a guildmate who was just being tricked. It was a few minutes before I was in my T2 cruiser that came to his aid. I and a few other guidmates were able to save him and his exhumer from a shameful death.
If I hadn't been logged into Discord at the time, I would never have heard his cry for help. Being logged in as invisible allowed me to complete boring tasks without being disturbed while still being on call when someone needed help.
That's just one reason you're invisible on Discord and not logged out.
There are four online statuses for Channel users, Online, Idle, Do Not Disturb, and Invisible. Online speaks for itself. They are online, interacting, and playing a role. Inactive triggers when you are AFK for a period of time set by your server administrator.
DnD shows that you are a red circle and have a manual attitude, which means that you are doing something too important to be bothered by the silly rumors of the clan members. Invisible is another triggered condition that hides you from the channel user view, but signs you in.
The first two states are server-controlled, although you can set it to idle manually if you want. I have no idea why you want this. Do not disturb and Invisible are both triggered conditions.
To manually make yourself invisible in Discord, right-click your avatar in the program and select Invisible from the pop-up window. It will stay active until you log out of Discord or manually set your status to something else.
Can you tell if someone is invisible on Discord?
If you are a server administrator or even another user, can you tell if you have invisible users or if a particular user is invisible? The answer to both questions is no. An invisible user is just that for everyone. Even the server administrator cannot determine if there are any invisible users on the server at any point in time.
This poses a bit of a problem if you are running a Discord server and you know peak and low time user numbers, or if you are planning an event or a raid. So far, most admins are working around it yelling or DM. Both verbal and direct messages are sent to invisible users.
Can you hide what game you play
Some of us have more privacy than others. I feel that if you want to take advantage of being more sociable, you have to temporarily give up a little of that privacy. However, a few guys I know are guilty of secret games that they play occasionally but don't want clan members to know about them.
Discord has a setting called 'Show game in progress as a running message'. It doesn't record every game you play, but it can recognize many games whether they are using Discordium or not. Sometimes it can be useful to turn this setting off to preserve some dignity. Here how.
- Select the little gear settings icon in the lower left corner of the Discordon screen.
- Select Games from the left menu.
- Deactivate 'Show running game as status message'.
However, this can be turned off because not all servers or devices are configured or able to use them. Either way, if you want a little more privacy, get it.
Manage friend syncing
If you're using Discord's Friend Sync feature, you'll be notified when friends are using Steam, Skype, or Battle.net. If you don't want this feature, you can turn it off. The feature is fairly secure and uses reasonable security to protect your data, but is a theoretical weakness in an otherwise secure system.
How to turn off syncing with friends
- Log into Discord and select User Preferences.
- Choose Connections.
- Select Disconnect Sync to turn it off.
- Select Show username and uncheck it.
There are no security concerns about using sync, but if you want to maximize privacy, this is a setting you might want to change.
- How do I download Steam
- How do you learn to learn
- Is my friend a hypochondriac
- What was Dumbledore's wand made of?
- What is a sharing economy
- Would you date someone who is overweight
- How can you copyright your WordPress blog?
- How do I increase the vegetarian weight
- Buddhists believe in the soul
- What kind of hairdresser are you
- How can I get a DNA test
- Where are inequalities used in real life
- Why don't people like technology
- Does gravity work in space or not
- How can poor countries get rich
- Which companies have a culture deck
- How does cryptography use math
- Why is a tractor not an automobile
- What are the main restrictions in DBMS
- Dogs know that kisses are loving
- When does the lobster season in Texas end?
- What is chemical rust
- What are the benefits of Discord
- What are the best WordPress themes