Can you mentally stop physical pain
In the case of functional physical complaints, pain is often the main symptom. Typical chronic pain, for which a sufficient physical cause is often not found, are headache, back pain, muscle pain or joint pain. Fibromyalgia is also often listed among the functional complaints. This is a clinical picture with chronic pain in the musculoskeletal system, which is probably triggered by an interplay of genetic, physical and psychological factors.
A person's perception of pain is significantly influenced by psychological factors. In addition, stress can lead to muscle tension, resulting in hardening, tension and pain. Further information on the causes and treatment options for non-specific back pain can be found here.
Dizziness is a symptom that can have very different causes. Staggering and unsteady gait, which occur especially in psychologically stressful situations, often have no clear physical cause. The mentally induced vertigo is called phobic postural vertigo. It is a common cause of dizziness. You can find more information on dizziness here.
Palpitations, heart anxiety neurosis:
Some people experience palpitations or the feeling that the heart stumbles and skips for a moment without any organic heart disease being present. These people are often very afraid of having a heart attack or incurable heart disease. Patients with such a "heart anxiety neurosis" tend to avoid all physical exertion for fear of a heart attack. Physical fitness decreases as a result. Even simply climbing stairs can lead to palpitations as a result. And these suspected heart problems, in turn, increase anxiety. A vicious circle arises.
Digestive disorders, irritable bowel syndrome:
Abdominal pain, nausea, bloating, diarrhea, and constipation are common functional body ailments. The term irritable bowel syndrome is often used in this context. In the case of irritable bowel syndrome, various recurring gastrointestinal complaints occur without any clear organic damage being detectable. For irritable bowel syndrome, psychological strain and stress are seen as possible triggers, but physical causes are also discussed. You can find detailed information on irritable bowel syndrome here.
Itching can have a variety of physical causes, but it can also be caused by psychological tension. Such psychogenic itching attacks usually occur shortly before falling asleep, in the event of boredom or anger, also in the case of mental tension and in waiting situations.
Ringing in the ears, tinnitus:
Noises in the ears can also be interpreted as functional complaints. It has not yet been clarified whether classic tinnitus can be triggered by stress. The psychological effects of tinnitus, some of which are strong, are undisputed: Persistent tinnitus can lead to sleep disorders, depression, anxiety and difficulty concentrating.
- Gives you a balanced muscle nutrition
- What is the Sanskrit word for dog
- You can direct a message on Quora
- How effective were the ANZACS
- What are the best arguments against libertarianism
- What drives a person crazy
- What is BPO in the call center
- Which is the best business WordPress theme
- Has a baseball pitcher ever played catch?
- What should I visit in Prague
- Should we take advice from others
- How poor people live
- What is the most impressive muscle in bodybuilding
- How does the Roomba work
- How many counties does Delaware have
- Is chlorine bad for the ozone layer?
- How should a person deal with money
- What tourists does Venice hate
- The ancient Greeks and Romans were great
- How did you get to know your co-founder
- Who will benefit when the UK leaves the EU?
- Accepts Target EBT cards for groceries
- What are the cube roots of 27
- Will aspirin get rid of pregnancy