YouTube becomes a monopoly
Google uses YouTube monopoly to harm Amazon Echo Show
> Order the Amazon Echo Show
Long-time Windows Phone fans will remember. In the dispute with Microsoft, Google blocked a YouTube app that Microsoft had created for Windows Phone. Since Google does not offer the possibility to implement advertising in third-party apps, the advertising was not displayed in the Microsoft app. Microsoft asked Google several times to release the advertising interface, but they refused, just as they had refused to provide a Windows Phone app for the platform. Google then accused Microsoft of violating YouTube's terms of service because no advertisements were displayed.
Google deactivates YouTube on the Amazon Echo Show
Users of the Amazon Echo Show are now experiencing exactly the same thing. Google made a change to YouTube last night, which blocks the Amazon devices. Users will now see a message that Google doesn't support YouTube on Amazon Echo Show. Amazon said in a statement that this change came without warning or explanation. There is simply no technical reason for it.
This is how Google reacts
Google is taking advantage of its monopoly again
Microsoft had already complained in 2013 that Google was exploiting YouTube's monopoly in this way to harm the competition. A smartphone without a YouTube app was simply not of interest to many customers, while the YouTube app was in second place on the download charts on Android and iOS in 2012. YouTube itself wanted to offer such a user experience, but Microsoft described that high-ranking YouTube managers were ordered by the parent company Google not to offer a good user experience for Windows Phones. The following is the statement from Microsoft:
As you might expect, it appears that YouTube itself would like all customers on Windows Phone as on any other device to have a great YouTube experience. But just last month we learned from YouTube that senior executives at Google told them not to enable a first-class YouTube experience on Windows Phones.
Now it seems that Google is no longer targeting Microsoft's smartphone plans, which the company has since abandoned itself, but wants to bring Amazons to their knees in the field of ambient computing. There Amazon is expanding its lead with the Echo devices and Google is currently only lagging behind.
> Activate Alexa Skill from WindowsArea.de
> Buy the Amazon Echo
via mspu / Source: the verge / Contains partner links.
- Why do teenagers fail to understand the value of money
- What useful software do translation companies use
- Anti-gravity is a theoretical possibility
- Why Islam allows kafir unbelievers to be killed
- Can Mars be pulled from Earth
- Is the Chinese government a good government?
- How important are customers for a company
- How big is 1 kg of feathers
- Every prostitute has HIV
- Where will the next world factory be
- Should I hire a digital marketing agency?
- How do I learn Python data analysis
- How do dogs choose their owners
- How did the heavenly bodies get their gravity?
- What does hot glue not stick to?
- How do guys get gay
- Delete Quora moderators asking why
- Do you know something that others do not know
- Can the NSA see text messages
- How can you be a good missionary
- Do B2B companies need an app
- Managers should know their employee salaries
- How often do the Chinese eat noodles?
- Brain fog is a symptom of anxiety
- What is Pakistani Food
- What is the immigration process for Singapore
- What is sacred in Argentina
- Dogs have to eat cooked meat
- What is 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 +
- Which email productivity tool do you prefer
- What are energy resources
- What Minecraft fact surprised you
- Is this site a good hosting site
- How much does a 1998 Elizabeth coin cost