What is a continuum approach
The continuum of basic education - vocational training - work
The Basic Education - Vocational Training - Work continuum is a cross-program approach to Overcoming breaks in the educational pathways of young people. This approach promotes and strengthens the permeability and connections between the areas of basic and vocational training and entry into the world of work. The continuum approach is based on the concept of lifelong learning and Goal 4 of the 2030 Agenda.
Why is the continuum approach so important?
The educational paths of many young people, especially in poorer regions or in the context of migration, are marked by breaks. These have an impact on the whole of later life: those affected are often denied further educational opportunities, their chances of getting a good job are minimal, and social and economic exclusion is mapped out. All the more important are educational initiatives that help Reduce discontinuities along educational biographies.
What is the role of RECI in the continuum of basic education - vocational training - work?
The continuum approach is one Multi-stakeholder approach: the actors involved - in particular teachers, trainers, authorities, private companies - have to think outside the box, know the mutual requirements and work together. That's what they are for effective communication and mediation between the various institutions involved. Many RECI members work more or less explicitly from an educational continuum perspective. As a network, RECI promotes the Exchange of experiences among its members and with other interested stakeholders. It networks actors who pursue the same or complementary goals.
Study on the Continuum
In 2019, the RECI published a study with case studies on approaches of the continuum. This was presented and discussed in a studio on June 4, 2019. NGOs as well as representatives of the International Labor Organization (ILO) and the SDC were involved.
Continuum Education - Training - Work and Employment: Final report (PDF, 678.31 KB)
Continuum Education - Training - Work and Employment: Summary Report (PDF, 233.44 KB)
Atelier from June 4, 2019 (PDF, 266.86 KB)
Presentation Carton (PPTX, 4.05 MB)
- What is the greatest event in history
- Which supplements are to be taken in order
- How do you say institution in German
- What are some beginner apps to develop
- People secretly meet in Saudi Arabia
- What is the origin of the word quora
- How is population growth affecting the economy?
- How did President Dwight Eisenhower die
- Which country practices incest
- Firefox will be the best browser in 2020
- Why do people overlap with relationships
- How is the university in Taiwan
- Is diamond better than gold
- Will buy back Rainbow used vacuum cleaners
- What is stratified systematic sampling
- Is biscuit butter healthy
- Why do people call me ugly
- Can artists be better inventors?
- How can we use a blog website
- How do I read someone's blog
- Why does gravity distort time
- Who lives on Quora
- How different are golf ball brands
- Functional programming is a stupid toy