How is shoplifting affecting the business?
Shoplifting: Retail thefts are on the rise
It is an old and irritating topic that is always annoying for shopkeepers. In the German retail trade, goods worth 3.75 billion euros were stolen last year. This means that more was stolen again than in the previous year, as a study by the Cologne retail research institute EHI shows. If you include organizational errors such as incorrect price tags in the losses, retail lost around 4.4 billion euros in 2019 - around five percent more than in the previous year.
Around two thirds of sales losses due to thefts were attributable to customers, the rest is due to criminal employees or suppliers. "From a purely statistical point of view, every person in Germany steals a goods value of almost 30 euros per year," says EHI expert Frank Horst, according to a press release.
The trade misses around one percent of its turnover due to the deficits. Including expenditure on security and theft prevention, it is around 1.3 percent. The thieves also pay dearly for the state: they lose around 510 million euros a year because there is no VAT revenue for the stolen goods.
According to police crime statistics, the reported shoplifting fell by around four percent in the past year. According to statistics, simple shoplifting has been falling for years, while serious thefts have increased significantly. However, it is assumed that the number of unreported cases is more than 98 percent.
- Is RPA part of artificial intelligence
- The answers to Quora are greatly exaggerated
- Why don't Americans eat coyote meat
- Why is BMI used to measure obesity
- What kind of advertisements are getting your attention
- DoorDash drivers are paid hourly
- Which diet produces the least amount of feces
- Praise God for what you do
- How do I book a current ticket
- What is the history of karate
- Where can I download Deadpool 2
- Why do Christians celebrate Christmas
- Fast food restaurants use frozen foods
- What is the factorial of 1 3
- What is spectrum 1
- Who can conclude a valid contract
- Like many businesses, Donald Trump started
- Why are people offended by honesty
- Police officers practice shooting
- Is it healthy to live Pass 100?
- A no-deal Brexit is now inevitable
- Who is the Most Trained Indian Politician Ever
- Which grocery stores take competitor coupons
- What is the best medicine for constipation