Could old Nan be a Targaryen?
Can Bran Stark control dragons?
The answer would be "No, he probably can't". We can't answer this from the show canon as the show never mentioned an encounter between Wargs and Dragons. So we have to see history in books.
Examples of wargs encountering dragons
The only example of when wargs faced dragons was when King Jaehaerys I Targaryen and his consort, Queen Alysanne the Good1 flew north to aid the Night's Watch and defeated a host of wildlings, wargs, and giants on the wall. Pictured Queen Alysanne on Silverwing on the wall during the campaign 2 :
No warg managed to control Vermithor (Mount of Jaehaerys) or Silverwing (Mount of Alysanne). This is implied because if a warg had managed it it would have been a huge event and should have been recorded in chronicles on the clock or some other record.
This would likely have caused the death of the dragon rider the warg is targeting as well, since the logical movement of any part of the warg would be to cause the dragon to knock its rider to the ground. However, since nothing of the kind is reported, we can assume that it never happened.
If trained and experienced Wildling Wargs couldn't control dragons, then we might assume that untrained and green bran can't either.
Claim / control a kite
We still don't know if skin alterers can hatch into dragons. Some may say that Dragonlords of Valyria might have used a different type of skin alteration to ride dragons because after a rider was claimed by a rider, the two of them shared a bond and became aware of each other (e.g. Dreamfyre broke their chains when her rider Queen Helaena Targaryen jumped from the Red Fort to die. But that would be a weak argument. The bond with a dragon seems very different.
Anyway, we know for blood magic that enabled Dragon Lords to claim dragons. Everything the Valyrians have achieved is attributed to their knowledge of blood magic.
Dragons are not like horses to be ridden by any man who wishes. They only serve the person who is their rider, e.g. B. Prince Joffrey Velaryon was cast to his death by Syrax, his mother Rhaenyra Targaryen's mount. Aegon the Conqueror flew Balerion, but he never dared mount his sisters' kites; Vhagar and Meraxes. No dragon rider has ever claimed two dragons.
All three dragons of Daenerys were previously unclaimed. Daenerys has now claimed Drogon so it is unlikely that he will allow another driver until Daenerys is alive. However, Rhaegel and Viserion are available.
If Bran had been trained and knew how to slip into a dragon, we don't know what would have happened. Historically, only people with Valyrian blood rode a dragon. Even so, unlike his wolf, Bran does not share any bond with the dragons (Daenerys did, her dragons could sense their anger and danger and act accordingly). So it is unlikely that he can control a dragon. But since Bran as the new Green Seer would have more powers than most wargs, we don't know for sure whether he can control a dragon or not.
1. The tower where Jojen and Bran hid was actually named in memory of Queen Alysanne
2. Art by Emile Denis
- What is c2c
- What is your favorite craps strategy
- How strong is the US military
- What is a boho style jewelry
- What is your favorite slogan?
- How does technology manipulate humanity
- Which is not possible in Malaysia
- How broken are you after a breakup
- Will the Greek economy recover?
- What are legalized examples of white privilege
- Why are banks closed on federal holidays
- What is the best topic for Elementor
- Why should I never visit Myanmar
- Do governments restrict freedom of religion?
- What's your biggest secret 5
- Are you a Democrat or a Republican
- What is the most underrated thing about webinars
- What is the ideal habitat for hyacinth macaws
- Americans perceive Chinese and Japanese differently
- Pilots carry guns in the cockpit
- I don't know what my life is about
- Why is crocin banned
- Why don't planes fly over Tibet
- What was the religion of Jesus Christ