What is egalitarianism
Certainly, the idea of the common good is old European and much older than modern egalitarianism. But from Hobbes to Rousseau and Kant to John Rawls, the great contract theories of the modern state have understood the common good in an egalitarian manner. Already the Hobbesian state only had the purpose of protecting the weak against the strong, the have-nots against the haves. [Die Zeit, 04.11.1999, No. 45]
Egalitarianism: the Marxist formulas of socialism were replaced by a "social democracy" This is based on egalitarianism and wants to realize "social justice" as material equality through radical redistribution and enforceable legal claims. Better all equally poor, but at least the same. [Neue Zürcher Zeitung, July 20, 2017]
For example, the theory of constitutive egalitarianism, as presented by Stefan Gosepath recently at the congress of the Society for Analytical Philosophy, provides basic security for everyone as well as an orientation towards the individual. [Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, December 20, 2000]
Depreciating idea, action, or the like, which aims to eliminate objectively existing differences across the board
according to the importance of egalitarianism
Here a bad alternative that dominates »the culture« emerges: either idolization or anti-elitism, an egalitarianism that is nothing but an inability to understand excellence, fed by indifference. [Schuh, Franz: Typists, Cologne: DuMont 2000, p. 82]
Freed from the odor of the past, the "New Right" demand "spiritual and moral renewal" [...]. As the main enemy of the "European occidental civilization" they have identified leveling, the "egalitarianism of Christianity, liberalism and Marxism". [Die tageszeitung, November 21, 1989]
- What are the energy sources
- I could buy $ 5 bitcoin
- How are skyscrapers being demolished?
- Is there a psychological test for loyalty
- Is it worth joining IIM Ranchi
- What is the deadliest disease of all time
- Is bad about nationalism
- What is your current research about?
- What is preventing you from understanding things
- What are the Singaporeans complaining about
- Why is everything so good
- What does Matlab do better than Python
- What surprises you most about Trump's impeachment
- Why are teachers better
- How can parents motivate teenagers
- Why do you learn
- What is a non-polytropic process
- What is construction engineering
- What do we call a dollar sign
- How often are submarines still used?
- A landlord can refuse to fix things
- How many Vietnam veterans are left
- Is there an open source marketplace platform
- How do people become homeless
- How does cognitive psychology explain human behavior
- How do you transfer tickets to Ticketmaster
- May Taiwanese America
- What do Koreans dislike about Singapore?
- How can I advertise my website here
- How does an atom win an electron
- What species will survive humans?
- Research is an expensive habit
- Ultrasonic cleaners damage the bearings