Why should India become a developed country
India - superpower or developing country?
The under-five mortality rate in India is significantly higher than in neighboring countries. Among the children who reach the age of five, around 40 percent are significantly delayed in growth and development, around 15 percent are so severely undernourished that their chances of survival and development are irreversibly impaired. According to statistics, five percent of all Indian children die before their fifth birthday. In the light of these social development data, India is not a global superpower; it is still clearly a developing country. The Indian economist Amartya Sen complains that - apart from sub-Saharan Africa - only in war and crisis-ridden countries such as Afghanistan, Haiti or Iraq is the rate of malnourished children and the vaccination and immunization rate among children even lower than in India.
Why doesn't this alarming failure by the Indian government lead to a public outcry in the country? Why are hunger, injustice and undesirable developments rarely a topic in the national media? Generally speaking, the Indian government adheres to the classic, albeit long refuted, idea of a »trickle down«, that is, a seepage of wealth and prosperity from the wealthy classes down to the poor. A look at the social situation shows that there is no question of this in India either. Although the economy has grown by an average of 7.5 percent over the past ten years, there has been little substantial progress in the fight against poverty. On the contrary: displacement, land loss as a result of climate change, the agricultural crisis and natural disasters have increased the poverty and misery of millions of rural families. Indian economic growth is also a »jobless growth«; it does not go hand in hand with the creation of jobs from which people can live and feed themselves and their families.
- Vegetarians have problems in Germany
- What is the mass of light 1
- What would Jesse Helms think of Trump
- How can you make yourself fat
- Awards an RSU to Amazon every year
- Which job pays off the most in Switzerland?
- How is AFROTC
- It makes you weak to be kind
- Is the minimum wage fair in Hawaii?
- What do you know about making money
- Are you listening to your husband
- What is the highest paid shipping company
- How did you learn leadership skills
- If 1 kg 600, then 1 g
- How deep are moon craters
- What is the cube root of 3
- Is breastfeeding okay for the husband?
- What is Fuller Theological Seminary
- What is the hardest part of a triathlon
- Why is Mexico's HDI so high
- Can gout be completely cured
- What is Christmas Day for you
- Steals food to live a crime
- Why don't people like technology