How does behavioral psychology treat depression
How can depression be treated?
There are various ways of eliminating the symptoms of depression and preventing relapses into further depressive phases.
Therapies can consist of drugs called antidepressants, psychotherapy, or a combination of both. There are also numerous other therapy options that can be used alternatively or in addition. Nowadays, therapeutic help is also offered on the Internet.
The optimal treatment can be found together with the doctor or therapist. The patient's wishes, existing therapy experience and the severity of the depression are all taken into account.
We present the most common therapies here:
With the drug therapy can through Antidepressants different classes of active ingredients an initial alleviation of the acute symptoms can be achieved. However, due to the sometimes considerable side effects, the benefit and harm must be carefully weighed! It may also be necessary for a longer period of time or in addition to psychotherapy.
Psychotherapeutic treatments try to identify circumstances
who contribute or have contributed to depression. Together with the therapist, methods are developed that enable those affected to
to recognize the triggering circumstances for oneself, to eliminate them or to re-evaluate them and to deal with them better. This can be done individually or in a group.
A psychotherapy requires trust and a lot of time. Therapy places are regularly fully booked in Germany and short-term appointments are difficult to get
Online therapies can bridge these waiting times. But they can also be used as an alternative or in addition. Nowadays a wide variety of psychotherapies are offered on the Internet. For example, there is the possibility of working in direct contact with a therapist via chat.
Most of the time, the various programs can be run through independently.
Sufferers can therefore complete their therapy from home and whenever they want.
But be careful!
This method is not suitable for successfully treating severe depression. If, in the case of mild depression, it is assumed that the symptoms will subside without treatment, then with the onset of
Therapy still to be waited.
In general: Depression does not go away overnight, even with appropriate treatments!
Are you looking for more information? You can find these on the health portal of the Health Knowledge Foundation.
Knowledge is healthy.
- What is the best news site online
- What does Magento Enterprise cost
- Why do we measure heat in temperature
- What is Cogan's Syndrome
- What is a macro in C programming
- How old is the continent of Australia
- Is plastic recycling profitable?
- Cho and Cedric slept together
- How was the calculator discovered
- Chocolate is dangerous for dogs
- Can someone solve 100 100 100 100 2
- Why do jealous people hate successful people
- How is steak ripened in restaurants
- Why don't people like the theater?
- What is dark matter 8
- What is your favorite board game
- Which is dangerous influenza or measles
- Is the room temperature
- What will India look like in 2100?
- How much do SmartRecruiters services typically cost
- Why have Quora’s responses worsened
- How can a dimension exist
- Can a person self-diagnose with NPD
- How do you say there in Portuguese
- How many Nazis were Christians
- How can the law reduce traffic accidents
- What's the best dessert
- Can a raw vegan drink coffee
- Personal branding or overdoing yourself
- Are cricketers more athletic than footballers
- Why is Donald Trump considered a racist
- Why are students under pressure?
- What do Indonesians think of Bahasa Malaysia
- There are double barrel assault rifles