What is Kansai famous for
Japanese fashion designer : Kansai Yamamoto is dead
The Japanese fashion designer Kansai Yamamoto is dead. He died of leukemia on July 21, at the age of 76. This was announced by his daughter Mirai Yamamoto on Instagram. Yamamoto has been in the hospital since February and "left this world peacefully" in the presence of his family. He was considered a pioneer of the Japanese fashion industry and was known among other things for his designs for pop star David Bowie.
Yamamoto was the first Japanese fashion designer to hold a fashion show in London in 1971. His collection in the British capital, inspired by traditional kabuki theater and Japanese aesthetics, earned him international recognition and a long-lasting friendship with Bowie, who himself wore and made Yamamoto's futuristic outfits known. "I found David's aesthetic and his interest in crossing gender boundaries shockingly beautiful," Yamamoto told the website in 2018 The Cut.
Other world-famous musicians such as Elton John or Stevie Wonder had themselves dressed by Yamamoto. Between 1974 and 1992, the Japanese took part in fashion weeks in Tokyo, New York and Paris.
Born in Tokyo's neighboring city of Yokohama, the designer began his career back home as an assistant to Junko Koshino, another famous Japanese costume designer. Yamamoto later made a name for himself as a designer who overcame the boundaries of fashion with his colorful avant-garde work. Japan's aesthetics are world standard - "that's what I wanted to prove," he said.
In the comments section of this article, we want to give you the opportunity to share your memories and thoughts with a condolence book. The maintenance of piety is important to us in the event of death, which is why all comments are checked before publication.
- Are men with strong jaws more attractive
- Why are dogs loyal but not humans
- How much money do you need in Thailand
- What is wormhole
- Where will Trump be in 4 years
- What are geological events
- What makes a good resume in 2019
- Where are kid friendly places in Singapore
- Where can I buy wholesale designer clothing
- How was your MICA interview experience
- How does an ordinary acting day go?
- What are silver coins
- How does WordPress 2
- Why can't everyone do the Asian squat?
- Contains sterling silver nickel
- Why don't you answer questions for others
- Did other civilizations have other constellations?
- What's the best alternative to Pardot
- Have you ever declined an inheritance Why
- What is the worst hotel in La Paz
- Which is the best country for indians
- What allies does the USA have right now?
- Yoga helps you lose weight
- How many cars are there in AU