Why is 0 0 1 3
Reading time: 4 min
The question about the result of “zero to the power of zero” () cannot be answered unequivocally.
Here are some considerations about this issue:
because for every number the following applies: (see also principle of permanence)
because for zero to the power of a number, the result is zero:
Not defined, because both variants 1 and 2 create a contradiction, i.e. there is no uniqueness, which is problematic in mathematics. Incidentally, this will also be the reason why many pocket calculators input or output at.
The answer is often found:
Use what makes sense for the math problem at hand.
It is often useful to use.
There is a variety of literature on this and, as I said, you encounter different approaches. In computer science, for example, prevailed. For fun you can test it yourself and enter 0 ^ 0 in Google.
If we write and use the power law, the result is:
It must therefore apply:
So the question arises, which number multiplied by itself results in itself? Here we can think of two numbers for which this is possible:
Solved in general:
So we see that there are two solutions with and.
Basically, however, is preferable. If we chose, new problems would arise in higher mathematics.
Approach via limit values
The consequence has the limit, there
The consequence has the limit value.
The sequence also has the limit value for each zero sequence.
The above is not proof of the correctness of the definition, but shows essential cases for which applies.
goes against, even though and each time against.
Wolframalpha defines zero to the power of zero as "undefined".
- Which celebrity couples have annoying age differences?
- When are you ready for a relationship
- How are thoughts processed
- What is 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 +
- What makes a child grow up
- How do you monitor influencer marketing
- Can you define sadness without writing anything
- Why do you think countries want independence?
- How do I register a NIDHI company
- Why does Walmart levy a high sales tax
- How is time taken as a dimension?
- What percentage of people die each day
- How do Methodists differ from other denominations?
- Are Navy Seals Marines
- What Causes Autism Spectrum Disorders
- How can I become a local doctor
- What are certain intentional offenses
- How would you describe this feeling
- Why Maggie is not good for your health
- How is Geico successful
- How to spam someone's phone
- What kind of healthy food do you eat
- How common is paranoid bipolar disorder
- How does the Bible define witchcraft
- What adjectives describe water
- What does son of Quora mean
- What do Baptists believe about Calvinism?
- How can you backdate your LinkedIn posts
- What are application of geology
- Too many people become programmers
- Can a 12 year old sperm
- How effective are home air purifiers