Is there such a thing as a fifth dimension
American researchers have discovered a way to prove the existence of a fifth dimension outside of our ordinary universe. According to their considerations, the additional spatial dimension allows small black holes that formed during the Big Bang to exist to this day.
Durham (USA) - The effects of these black holes on the radiation of distant objects could already be detected with a satellite starting next year, the scientists explain in the journal "Physical Review D".
"Proof of the existence of a fifth dimension would radically change our understanding of the physical world," says Arlie Petters of Duke University in Durham. Together with Charles Keeton from Rutgers University, Petters studied the astrophysical consequences of a fifth dimension. "Such a fifth dimension would leave its traces in the radiation of so-called gamma outbreaks," he summarizes the results of the work.
The existence of a fifth dimension is predicted by some physical theories that attempt to combine relativity and quantum theory. In this our universe with its three spatial and one temporal dimensions is only a "membrane" in a higher dimensional cosmos. All particles and forces are trapped within this membrane - except for gravity. Therefore, the fifth dimension affects the existence of black holes.
The Big Bang should have created a large number of small black holes - their mass roughly corresponds to that of a small asteroid. In a four-dimensional universe, these mini-holes would have been dissolved by the so-called Hawking radiation. Not so in the membrane model - there the small black holes would still exist today. "If these black holes make up even one percent of dark matter, there could be a few thousand of them in our solar system," Petters calculates. The radiation from the gamma outbursts - huge explosions in distant galaxies - would break at these mini-holes like waves on a rock, according to the researcher. The Gamma-ray Large Area Space Telescope, an international satellite scheduled to launch in August 2007, could already demonstrate this "interference".
- How can a relationship blog make money
- Why is Vietnam a poor nation
- Can rabbits eat guinea pig food
- How can you attach a doorknob
- How can you teach someone to empathize?
- What makes your day better immediately
- Why does Quora recommend comments
- What is the Mediterranean diet
- My SIM card was hacked
- Who are all the Hokages
- What is the correct pronunciation of often
- Time is just a human perception
- Which ad network pays off the most?
- How do MailChimp and ActiveCampaign compare
- When do you call a girl beautiful?
- Eating garlic causes cancer
- Is Roblox better than Fortnite
- Is Post Malone gay
- Special relativity theory means several realities
- Are you straight up
- What draws some people to white nationalism
- How many UN troops are in America
- Tourists are often robbed in Paris
- What do you think are legal gun laws
- How many children does Donald Trump have
- How often do student teacher matters happen
- Why is the United States so religious
- What Indonesian Dishes Made From Dog Meat
- Where do Siths go after they die
- Have you ever faced a rude customer
- Can QA testers carry out unit tests
- Why is Morocco a poor country
- How do I clean the sofa
- Can a killer whale eat a stingray?