How do I get better at boxing
More punch in boxing: how to train properly
Power of punch in boxing: Power of punch is a very important aspect for the martial artist. A single blow can bring the fighter to victory. In self-defense, too, it is necessary to strike quickly and powerfully. But what is the best way to train and increase your punching power?
Anatomy of the arms
In order to get a decent punch, e.g. when boxing, the triceps must be well trained. A good training option is the bench press. In doing so, this arm muscle is particularly challenged. To use the triceps more, the exercise should be performed with a tight grip.
The weight is explosively pushed up through the triceps. If the fighter hits a blow, he must also bring it back. To bring your fist back after a blow you need the biceps. The interaction between the biceps and triceps is required when training punch series.
What is explosive strength training?
Neural activation training
The explosive strength training leads to an improvement in the neuronal activation of the muscles. The repetitions are performed with maximum effort. The resistances must be so great that the recruitment limit is exceeded and at the same time a relatively long activation period for all motor neurons is given. There are also the following intramuscular coordinative effects:
1. the temporal optimization of the activation of the motor units and the frequency, partially also the reduction of inhibitory impulses and
2. the significant increase in the explosive power and the parameters it influences. This results in a reduction in the power deficit.
The right strength training for the arm and leg muscles
In order to specifically train punching power, boxers and martial artists should plan at least three sets of 20 repetitions. The barbell is then pushed up with the appropriate weight as quickly as possible.
Increase in clout
There are various options for strength training to increase your punching power.
Medicine ball poking
Stand with your back to the wall. Your feet stop. The body remains relaxed and not tense. Take a deep breath in and out. Just focus on your arms. Push the medicine ball against the wall by twisting your torso left and right. As you push the ball away, take a deep breath and contract your abs.
The thrust hit explosively as quickly as possible with all the strength. Another option is to stand with your head against the wall and poke the medicine ball against the wall from your chest. Here the heel and the straight punch are simulated. During this exercise, you should make sure that you do not get into the hollow back in the starting position.
To do this, you have to bend your knees a little and pull the abdominal muscles inwards. This exercise must also be completed with maximum strength and maximum speed. Set and repetition definition is: 3 sets of 15-20 repetitions.
Pushups are always good for martial artists. But not so many of them must be completed in order to train the clout. Do a maximum of 20 pushups. But these should be carried out so quickly that you almost lift your hands off. So push it out explosively.
The sandbag training
Stand close to the sandbag. Now hit the punching bag from a short distance for about 15-20 seconds with maximum force and maximum speed. The technology does not play a role here. It's more about training the muscles. Beginners can start with short sprints (5-10 seconds). Breathe out again and again while tensing your abdominal muscles. By tensing the abdominal muscles, you are also trained secondarily.
More power is always possible
Many martial artists (e.g. in Taekwondo) claim that there is a maximum of performance when it comes to striking power. So it is claimed that at some point it will no longer be possible to strengthen the clout. But many are mistaken, because the impact has to do with the laws of physics and the laws of movement of the human body.
The faster the impacting mass moves, and the larger the mass, the more impact force. But there are not many martial artists who know how to use the individual body parts in such a way that the speed adds up with as much force as possible and a lot of body weight comes behind the blow. The rule is actually pretty simple.
It's about how you move, when and how you bring your entire body in with explosiveness in the shortest possible time, how you breathe, how your legs stand. Example: When you hit straight, you should not hit with your arm, but with your whole body. The weight always goes into the loft.
Special training for punching power
The best way to increase your punching power is to work the wrong way round. Example: To improve the hitting power of a right straight, you change the display for a lap. So you work as a southpaw and hit with your right as a leading hand instead of a hitting hand.
After doing this for some time, you switch back to your original position and bring the right straight as a punching hand. With this method, both halves of the brain are addressed. Optimal for the sequence of movements, the speed and the explosiveness of the right straight.
Would you like boxing training at home? Then the Trainingsworld editorial team has a tip for you!
With the performance training course fromUltimate boxing receive…
- ... a basic understanding: What are the goals of boxing training anyway? What role do footwork and the permanent improvement of the jab play in this?
- ... a strong system: which fighting style has the greatest chance of success? What part should defensive and offensive action play in this?
- … A broad knowledge: You have access to several hours of video material at any time, which shows you a multitude of alternatives. And of course you can try them out right away.
- ... a well thought-out training plan: The plan includes step-by-step instructions, thanks to which you will achieve success quickly and continuously.
Vahab Yektapour Tabrizi
2. Functional training: perfecting motion sequences Michael Boyle
Also read: The optimal training shoe for hypertrophy training
- Where is the location of the 886 area code
- Who is your Least Preferred Character 1
- Singaporeans go to school all week
- What is the best investment affiliate program
- Are AirPods overpriced
- What if the gout is left untreated
- What are the dangerous beaches in India
- What does healthy eating mean to you
- Why do people dislike weak people
- How do Americans see refugees
- When will I be pretty?
- Shakes help us lose weight
- How does glaucoma develop 1
- Muslims in Singapore are becoming more conservative
- Why should the government pay for education?
- Why do magnets work
- What do coyotes eat
- Which measuring system is used at NASA?
- What were Einstein's views on evolution?
- Why did you like to fly a kite?
- How to say mom in Mandarin
- How effective is the prayer
- What do philosophers think of Jordan Peterson
- Is Ravish Kumar Luegner
- Which margarine is best for baking
- Who are countries usually in debt
- Who is the best mind power trainer
- Does Quora ever pay to answer questions
- Why do people intentionally hurt others
- Are regulators used in modern engines
- Is a 20 colones coin worth something
- Why should we follow safety rules
- How thin are the Chinese