Time dilation can be made practical
This book is intended as an introduction to some of the great problems faced by contemporary physicists. I assume that the reader is familiar with those aspects of the atomistic picture of matter which can reasonably be described as part of the culture of our present day, but which do not necessarily have a technical background. Wherever arguments on specific physical questions are presented in the text, I have tried to make them self-contained. It would be utterly impossible to have even a cursory discussion of all the different aspects and subjects of the subject called "physics" in a small book like this. So I had to put aside not only all "weighted" or technical references of the subject, but also the whole field of fascinating questions about its organization and its social character. Even on physics, which is viewed as a purely academic discipline, I have not sought full coverage. Large subdivisions, such as atomic, molecular, and even nuclear physics, are not covered at all in this book, and others, such as astrophysics and biophysics, are only briefly mentioned. After an introduction that tries to understand where we come from and where we stand, I have rather focused on four basic areas of current research that I believe are fairly representative of the subject: elementary particle physics, cosmology, condensed matter physics terie and "basic problems", and which, one can say, correspond to the very small, the very large, the very complex and the very unclear.
Astrophysics Nuclear Physics Cosmology Physics Particle Physics Universe Biophysics Basics Complexes
- Is love conditional or unconditional
- It is worth buying a vacation home
- Do you feel safe where you live?
- Why are Yahoo Answers questions so stupid
- What are 8 Interesting Facts About You
- Where do British citizens vacation most often?
- How powerful was J Edgar Hoover
- What is my EIN number
- Why is animal welfare important to agriculture
- What are the characteristics of developmental psychology
- Do you ever get lost drawing?
- Why is 108 a significant number?
- How old would Jesus be today?
- Has confirmed the NASA Planet X.
- How much did Google pay for Android
- How many countries have free health care
- What do Australians eat
- You can play words backwards in Scrabble
- Why did Oswald kill JFK
- Why is philosophical education so Eurocentric
- Why does Singapore not have Miranda rights
- Being introverted can hinder your success
- Newsletter what the best tool is
- What are some frustrating aspects of Quora