Is age important for sex?
Sex in old age : Yes, the desire remains
Mr. Beier, even the term “age sexuality” is controversial. Critics see this as stigmatizing old people. Much more often, however, there is no talk about sex in old age. And younger people believe that sexual needs disappear with age. Do men and women aged 65 and over still have sex?
Yes. When partnerships exist, around a third still have sexual intercourse. However, with decreasing coitus frequency. But it is not advisable to reduce sexuality to sexual intercourse; physical closeness and tenderness are a significant source of satisfaction. Intimacy is just as important to old people as it is to young people. In old age, however, the likelihood of no partner rises, especially for women, because men have a lower life expectancy.
So the desire remains?
Yes, without a doubt. Studies show that for only a few old people, sexuality has completely lost its importance. And this proportion falls again when an expanded understanding of intimacy is used. This is understandable because we humans are programmed to bond and closeness, acceptance, security and security are basic psychosocial needs. Conversely, quite a few people, especially women, associate many negative things with sexuality - for example, if they were previously victims of sexual trauma. Confidence in the success of relationships can then be shaken into old age.
Some feel too old for sex?
Restrictions in sexual functions very often play a role. This is the norm with increasing age: the aging man needs more intense stimulation for an erection, the rigidity is usually less, everything takes longer. This also applies to aging women: the vagina loses its ability to stretch, the blood flow becomes weaker and it takes longer for it to become moist. In addition, there may be complaints from pelvic floor weakness and uterine subsidence. In addition, it can lead to urine loss during sex - which can lead to feelings of shame and considerable stress.
You can find the full interview in the magazine for medicine and health in Berlin: "Tagesspiegel Gesund - Fit and calmly grow older".
Further topics of the edition: What biology says.An aging researcher explains why and how the body changes in the course of life. Fountain of youth.Which foods keep you fit for a long time. Fit for the grandchildren.Sport in a club is fun and strengthens family life. The power of plants.Do gingko, green tea or ginseng help against age-related complaints? Purchase advice. Which vision aids and hearing aids are really worthwhile and when. Dial the emergency call. Safe at home despite her illness. Helpers yes, carers no! How useful can robots be. Medicine for Aging. Geriatrists - the specialists for seniors. Always stay smart.Effective training for the brain. Cataract. How the cloudy lens becomes clear again. Weak bones. Osteoporosis is treatable. Diabetes. What works against the sugar. Dangerous cocktail.Too many drugs are harmful. Out of the dark.How to Escape Depression. Also: A comparison of clinics and medical practices. "Tagesspiegel Gesund" - Now in our shop
- Is it worth joining IIM Ranchi
- Everyone is right in their own perspective
- Should I always trust my intuition
- What is the use of bean bags
- Does IISER Bhopal only offer vegetarian food
- Do B2B companies need an app
- Why do people love to be loved
- What happens when neutrinos have mass
- What do Americans think of Canadians?
- What is Ultra Processed Food 2
- Why do people like mobile idle games
- Which members of BTS can subscribe
- What is the point of existence
- Which Udemy courses are not working
- How can I get over being naive?
- What are some good examples of customer service
- 1 in how many people commit murder
- Exhausts a lot of unhealthy problems
- Can China's economy outperform the US?
- What is the solution to racism
- How do I get certified in Salesforce
- Why do we have obituaries
- Should I buy floor wiper 360 cleaner
- What are your success habits