Why smoke cigarettes
Smoking & Health
Tobacco smoke contains over 5,300 different substances, many of which are toxic and carcinogenic. When the smoke is inhaled, these toxins are absorbed through the lungs and distributed throughout the body. The result: almost every human organ is damaged by smoking. In 2018, around 127,000 people died as a result of smoking.
Tobacco use not only increases the risk of respiratory and cardiovascular diseases or cancer. Oral health, for example, is also impaired by the toxic mixture in tobacco smoke. Women who smoke after menopause are more likely to suffer from osteoporosis, and in men, smoking can reduce their potency.
The addictive substance nicotine released by smoking crosses the blood-brain barrier and interferes with metabolic processes in the brain. A physical dependence on smoking can develop within a short period of time. Psychological dependence arises from the often diverse functions that the cigarette takes on in the life of the smoker. In stressful situations, it serves as an occasion for a break or it facilitates contact with other people. And for many smokers, the cigarette structures the daily routine. If these functions of smoking are replaced by suitable alternatives in the context of quitting, the chances of success for quitting smoking increase considerably.
Quitting smoking creates the best conditions for a healthier life - quitting smoking clearly lowers the health risks mentioned.
German Cancer Research Center, Cancer Prevention Unit (2020) Own calculations with data from the microcensus, the cause of death statistics and the Surgeon General's report from 2014: The health consequences of smoking: 50 years of progress. A report of the Surgeon General
- What will happen when Hogwarts is real
- What background check do most employers use
- What is the JROX affiliate program
- Why is League of Legends so addicting
- Why do computer programming languages have loops
- Why is Catherine Herridge leaving Fox News
- When did Russia become a developed country
- Anger and sadness are a choice
- Why is Benjamin Franklin on dollars
- The ancient Greeks and Romans were great
- What do Thai people think of Chinese tourists?
- Is Australia multicultural and diverse like the USA
- How is junk food bad for us
- What are the rules for success
- How does war negatively affect the economy?
- Are Tamils anti-Hindu
- How do grocery stores get their inventory
- Narcissists are alcoholics
- What is Ekbom Syndrome
- What's bad about marijuana
- What are some group 4 project ideas
- Do you know British slang
- How to calculate metal weight
- Regret moving to London England
- Why are there paradoxes
- Do men over 50 still enjoy sex?
- What is managed WordPress hosting
- What influenced the Chicago accent
- Should I start lifting weights when I was 14?
- What are perspective questions
- What does Revelation 2 17
- The most important thing is money
- What are broken links with guest blogging
- What is divine