How did Quora affect you
Yahoo Answers is finally shutting down after 15 long years
Yahoo Answers, the longtime website that was once a busy hub for millions of inquiries, is closing. While the site will officially close on May 4, 2021, users will have until June 30 to request and download their data from the site.
Yahoo Answers will stop asking questions on April 20th
Before the days of Quora, Yahoo Answers was the go-to place for just about any question, be it related to relationships, pet care, or even a question you struggled with on your homework. The platform's once-lively community gave voluntary responses that varied in helpfulness, ranging from completely useless to near-scientific reports.
The site's 15-year reign is now coming to an end. A report by The Verge referred to an FAQ page on the Yahoo website that stated that Yahoo Answers will be made read-only on April 20 and will be completely removed from the Internet on May 4, according to Yahoo Answers You will be redirected to the Yahoo homepage at the end of the submission period.
Related: Don't Call It A Comeback: Yahoo + may be a thing soon
On the same FAQ page, you can also find some information for existing users, such as: B. How to download your data from Yahoo Answers. If you want to keep your questions and answers over the years, you must request this data from Yahoo before June 30, 2021.
Yahoo notes that it will take up to 30 days to process your request. Once done, it can be downloaded in JSON format. You can find out more about downloading your Yahoo Answers content from Yahoo's Help page.
The reason Yahoo Answers is shutting down has to do with its dwindling usage. In a message sent to current Yahoo Answers users, Yahoo writes:
While Yahoo Answers was once an important part of Yahoo's products and services, it has become less popular over the years as the needs of our members have changed. To that end, we have decided to move our resources away from Yahoo Answers to focus on products that will better serve our members and fulfill Yahoo's promise to provide trusted, premium content.
But for now, Yahoo Answers is still usable. So answer your burning questions while you still can!
Yahoo Answers and the end of an era
Yahoo Answers has been a major Q&A site since 2005. The quality of the responses may have deteriorated over the years, but there is no doubt that this has affected similar platforms like Quora.
But we have to admit - we're going to miss the lengthy verbiage, widespread trolling, and occasional intelligent reactions that Yahoo Answers became known for.
- Who are the competitors of Cars24 com
- Dogs know death exists
- Which question bothers you every day
- Mary Kay sells good facial cleansers
- What does not give you money
- How is the economy of a country going?
- How do I install Fortnite on a PC
- Why do I like to live alone
- How is aluminum hardened?
- Expertise is required to come up with an idea
- How is work-life balance on Google
- What is 1 divided by infinity
- Is there a drug that can be used to cure fibroids
- How to safely wash raw chicken
- Why should I enter into a relationship
- How well do the Singaporeans speak Mandarin
- Why is there still poverty in America?
- How much do plumbers earn on average
- How reformist is Najib Razak
- What is student-centered learning
- How many Europeans emigrated to America
- What is the most profitable niche in copywriting
- What does that mean in Algebra 2
- What does ad on Google mean