What is the opposite of stoicism
stoicism : What does the word stoicism mean? What is the ethymological origin of this word? What is stoicism useful for? What are synonyms (similar terms), what are antonyms (opposites) of stoicism? Stoicism means inner serenity, calm and equanimity. Stoicism is the ability and discipline to make one's mood independent of what is not under one's control.
Stoicism is the way of life of the Stoics, those who live the philosophy of the Stoa. Stoicism is used these days as synonymous with unshakable serenity - even for people who have never heard of the philosophy of the Stoa. Stoicism also describes self-training for toughening, strength and abstinence. Stoicism also means placing the power of reason above the restlessness of emotions.
Stoicism as the basis of ethical, committed action - and inner happiness
From a lecture by Sukadev Bretz
The importance of stoicism
Stoicism is a certain Germanized word for the attitude of the Stoics. The so-called Stoa was a philosophy of life in antiquity, known were Zenon, Cicero, Seneca and Mark Aurel and we know today that stoicism was also influenced by Indian ideas, perhaps even yoga ideas. But it has become a philosophy of its own in Roman and Greek antiquity.
What is stoicism about?
Stoicism is based on several philosophical foundations and in particular a certain philosophy of life. One of the Stoics' statements was:
- “Don't let what is out of your control determine your joy or state of mind. Learn that you can make your state of mind, your joy independent of your mind. "
This is of course a big statement: "Learn to make your joy and your frame of mind independent of automatisms from outside."
So, the Stoics have said, “You are out of control of praise and blame, so learn to break away from praise and blame, stay calm whether or not someone is nice to you. Success and failure are not in your hand, do not make your mood dependent on whether you are successful or not. "
What does stoicism mean to live?
A stoic outlook on life and stoicism would mean not letting yourself be so influenced whether or not someone else praises you, whether things go well or not. Some people get upset about anything, and after they get upset, they get back problems.
If you learn to approach things with a little stoic attitude, with stoicism, then back problems often don't come. And when they come, you can also endure and endure the back problems with stoicism, you can learn not to be influenced by them, because you are not just the back problems. There is joy deep inside you, happiness deep inside you, even if you have back pain. And deep within you is also the ability to grow beyond back pain. You don't have to let yourself be determined by back pain, because you have the opportunity to detach yourself from it.
So stoicism is a certain mental training to free yourself from the dependence on external things, also to free yourself from the dependence on the body. Stoicism is a certain freedom, it is a philosophy of calm and serenity, yes, it is also a philosophy of freedom, a philosophy of life of freedom.
Stoicism is similar to Raja Yoga
Stoicist philosophy or stoicism has a lot to do with Raja Yoga. Raja Yoga is the yoga of self-control. Raja that is the ruler, Raj means to rule. Raja Yoga teaches you that you can calm your mind and experience happiness. There are these famous verses from Patanjali in his Yoga Sutras: “Yoga is the bringing to rest of the thoughts in the mind, then the seer rests in his true being.” And a comment says: “And in the true being, there you experience Happiness. ”Hence, learn to calm your mind and learn to make your mind happy. You can be happy at any time, you don't need anything outside, you can even be happy when your body creates pain, at least that is possible to a certain extent, you can practice accordingly.
Stoicism - antonyms and synonyms
Personality traits and virtues are best understood in their relationship to one another. Here are some pointers on how to see stoicism in relation to other skills and behaviors, as well as vice:
Properties similar to stoicism - synonyms
Properties similar to stoicism, i.e. synonyms of stoicism, are e.g. immobility, stillness, calm, equanimity, calm.
Any quality, any virtue that is exaggerated becomes a vice, a vice, an unhelpful quality. Exaggerated stoicism can degenerate into apathy, indifference, indolence, rigidity, for example. Stoicism therefore needs the cultivation of activity, passion, energy, commitment, enthusiasm, dynamism as the opposite pole.
Opposite of stoicism - antonyms
There is an opposite to every property. Here are possibilities for opposite of stoicism, antonyms to stoicism:
- Positive opposites of stoicism, you could also call them the opposite poles: activity, passion, drive, commitment, enthusiasm, dynamism
- Negative opposites of stoicism, i.e. vice, negative characteristics, are e.g. hyperactivity, restlessness, fickleness
Stoicism antonyms at a glance
Antonyms stoicism are activity, passion, energy, commitment, enthusiasm, dynamism, hyperactivity, restlessness, fickleness.
Stoicism in relation to virtue groups, personality factors, and temperaments
Conscious development of stoicism
Stoicism is a personality trait that can be made stronger within. Maybe you want to live stoicism more, apply it more in everyday life. Here are a few tips:
- Make a resolution to cultivate this quality of stoicism for a week. You may not be able to cultivate all of the good qualities at once. But it is possible to make a virtue or quality strong in a week or a month.
- Make up your mind, "During the next week, I want the virtue, quality of growing stoicism to grow stronger. I look forward to being a more stoic person in a week."
- Make a determination to do at least one act each day that expresses stoicism. Do something every day that you would not otherwise do but that expresses that virtue.
- When you wake up in the morning, say an affirmation such as, "I'm developing stoicism."
- During the day, repeat an autosuggestion, affirmation such as: I am stoicist ".
Affirmations on the subject of stoicism
Here are some affirmations for more stoicism. Under the keywords "Affirmation" and "Miracle Affirmations" you can find out more about the function and effectiveness of affirmations. Not all of the affirmations listed below fit - use the ones that seem right for you.
Classic autosuggestion for stoicism Here is the classic autosuggestion:
In yoga, this is often combined with a mantra. Because a mantra makes the affirmation stronger:
- I am stoic. Om Om Om.
- I am a stoic, a stoic OM.
Developmental affirmation for stoicism Some people feel like hypocrites or hypocrites when they say "I am stoicist" - and they are not at all. Then a development-related affirmation helps:
- I develop stoicism.
- I get stoic.
- Every day I get more stoic.
- By the grace of God, I develop more stoicism every day.
Thank you affirmation for stoicism :
- I thank you for getting more stoic every day.
Miracle affirmations stoicism You can also try the following affirmations:
- So far, I'm not very stoicistic. And that is quite understandable, I have good reasons for it. But soon I'll develop stoicism. Every day this virtue will grow stronger in me.
- I look forward to being very stoicist soon.
- I am someone who is stoic.
Prayer for stoicism
Prayer is also a powerful means of cultivating a virtue. Here are a few ways to pray for more stoicism:
- Dear god, please give me more stoicism.
- Oh god i adore you I ask that I become a stoic person.
- Dear Divine Mother, I thank you. Thank you for expressing the virtue of stoicism more and more every day.
Ask yourself: what would I have to do to develop stoicism?
You can also ask yourself:
- What would I have to do to develop stoicism?
- How could I get stoic?
- Dear God, please show me the way to more stoicism.
- Assuming I want to be stoic, how would I do that?
- Suppose I were stoic, how would that make itself felt?
- Assuming a miracle happened and I cultivated stoicism tomorrow, what would have changed? How would i feel How would i think How would i act As a stoic person, how would I react, communicate with others?
Properties in the alphabet before stoicism
Properties in the alphabet according to stoicism
Lecture recording on stoicism - audio to listen to
Here you can listen to a lecture by Sukadev Bretz, founder of Yoga Vidya. This talk is the audio version of a video on stoicism, part of the Yoga Vidya Multimedia Lexicon of Virtues. This audio will be inserted later. We ask for your understanding
Cultivating Mindfulness Yoga Vidya Seminars
Developing seminars on the topic of love:
- May 22nd, 2021 - May 22nd, 2021 - Yoga and mindfulness with oneself and the environment - online workshop
- Time: 09:00 am - 12:00 pm What do yoga and environmental protection have to do with each other? In this workshop we dive into some aspects of yoga philosophy in an understandable way and dedicate ourselves to the G ...
- May 22nd, 2021 - May 22nd, 2021 - The 8 Levels of Asanas - Mindfulness Practice - Online Workshop
- Time: 4:45 p.m. - 7:45 p.m. Part I: Statics & stimulus points You will get to know different areas of the asanas that you may not have experienced before. The dimensions of the asanas are ...
More information on yoga and meditation
- What definition of lead generation
- Who killed more people Stalin or Hitler
- How do casinos make so much profit
- Does the world need more farmers?
- Which immigration is the easiest
- What are the rules of Scrabble
- Is biscuit butter healthy
- How does gravity bend time and space?
- In which years was energy generated?
- What do Thais think of Myanmar?
- How can coronary artery disease be prevented
- Cycling helps in weight loss
- How do I find ideas on blog topics
- Should Donald Trump build the wall
- A jewelry cleaner will clean brass
- Which are the top 10 business schools
- How is the population in Japan declining
- AOC will run for president in 2024
- How to hire an escort
- How did you choose your dream car
- How did Tesla produce free electricity
- What is the function of valves
- What do Indonesians think of Kelantan
- Have you ever been robbed in Singapore?
- Who builds submarines
- Why does Quora moderate the responses
- Dropshipping companies will last
- Is rainwater drinkable
- Can science explain the secrets of life?
- Do you like china
- How do Shopify and Alibaba work
- What is the world economy based on
- Can i be a witch
- Which is better Python or C ++