Which citizen are you 1
General requirements for naturalization
The other requirements for an award are determined by whether citizenship is based on a Legal claim is awarded or the decision in discretion the competent authority.
- At least ten year old Legal and uninterrupted residence in Austria, at least of which five year oldPermanent residence permit; There are deviations from this requirement when granting citizenship on the basis of a legal claim (e.g. to persons who are in possession of an EU / EEA nationality)
- No judicial convictions
- No pending criminal proceedings (both at home and abroad)
- No serious administrative offenses with particular injustice
- Sufficiently secured livelihood
- Proof of fixed and regular personal income from acquisition, income, legal maintenance claims or insurance benefits averaging 36 months from the last 6 years before the application date, whereby the last six months claimed must be immediately before the application date
- Knowledge of German and basic knowledge of the democratic order and the basic principles that can be derived from it, as well as the history of Austria and the respective federal state
- Evidence by written examination, if there are no exceptions (e.g. German is mother tongue, minority, school attendance with a positive assessment in the subject "German")
- Affirmative attitude towards the Republic of Austria and guarantee that there is no danger to public peace, order and security
- No existing residence ban and no pending proceedings to terminate residence
- No decision to return
- No return decision by another EU / EEA country or Switzerland
- No expulsion within the last 18 months
- No close relationship with an extremist or terrorist group
- Basically loss of previous citizenship
- By being granted citizenship
- The international relations of the Republic of Austria are not significantly impaired and
- The interests of the Republic of Austria are not harmed
The citizenship department of the respective office of the state government
You can submit the application informal put or use a Application form. You can obtain this from the responsible office.
The documents actually required can only be determined on the basis of your personal information. Please contact the citizenship department responsible for you in this regard.
Foreign language documents must be submitted in the original together with a translation certified in Austria.
If certified translations from other countries are recognized, depends on the respective procedural regulations. For example, an apostille may be required to recognize the documents.
If a foreign-language document has to be presented in the original together with a certified translation, the translation may generally only be carried out by sworn and court-certified interpreters. Interpreters from other EU / EEA member states can also register for the list of sworn and court-certified interpreters in Austria.
More information on compulsory military service and military service can also be found at oesterreich.gv.at.
Section 10 Citizenship Act 1985 (StbG)
Responsible for the content: Federal Ministry of the Interior
- What moment changed your life
- Can I buy a tranquilizer gun?
- Will kill Google Stadia consoles
- Dropshipping is an outdated business model
- Why should I never eat salads
- Why doesn't the military pay well
- Granted citizenship to Japan foreigners
- Which diet or food is important
- Are psychiatrists questioning psychiatry
- What happened to John McAfee's Bitcoin prediction
- What are some of the criticisms of Gary Taubes
- What is an african religion
- Eating healthy food can reverse heart disease
- What are the easiest freelance niches
- Why are sheets green 1
- Why are handguns from 1911 so expensive
- What were the main teachings of Mahavira
- Can genetic engineering cure autism
- How can I learn practical marketing skills
- What is the past tense of beat
- Is there an organized atheist church
- Which word describes your day today
- Is WordPress a hosting site
- Why does sound go through walls