Why non-alcoholic beverages are so addicting
Our The brain stores these experiences and from now on recognizes a beer bottle or a wine glass as positive stimulus. Just looking at alcohol in photos can reactivate the addiction memory even after many years without alcohol. The desire for alcohol increases. And with it the risk of relapse. In therapy, alcoholics learn to deal with these stimuli. Researchers cannot yet say for sure whether our addiction memory can be completely erased. **
How are alcoholics treated? ***
“The first step is the most important,” say people who have been addicted to alcohol themselves. Convincing alcoholics to stop drinking is difficult. Get advice and tips on thishow to help others.
The sooner someone recognizes their problem, the better the chances of getting the disease under control. Important to know: In Germany, the social security agencies, i.e. health insurance or pension insurance, cover the therapy costs. The Treatment usually takes place in four steps:
It all starts with discussions with the experts at a counseling center. The point is to find out if you have a drinking problem and how big it is. Then the participants plan the next steps together.
Step two is withdrawal. The patient's body is detoxified on an outpatient basis in the therapy center or as an inpatient in the hospital. The addicts no longer drink alcohol. Your body often reacts to this with severe withdrawal symptoms - from sweating and tremors to convulsions and hallucinations. Since some of these symptoms can be life-threatening, doctors monitor the withdrawal.
Physical withdrawal is followed by mental weaning in a treatment center or hospital. In various therapies and self-help groups, those affected learn to live without alcohol again. The main thing is to understand the reasons for your own alcohol consumption and to practice alternative behaviors.
- Follow-up care:
Towards the end of the treatment, the patients clarify with their therapist how to proceed at home and at work. Often those affected have to rebuild their social network that they have neglected due to their addiction. Relapses are common and part of the learning process. That is why doctors and patients work together to define measures for an emergency.
In Germany there are more than 1,300 facilities that specialize in advising and treating people with addictions. If you Help because you have a problem yourself or are very worried about others, this advises you BZgA info phone - also anonymous:
Phone: 0221 892031
Mon - Thu 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Fri - Sun 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- How do I ban people on Roblox
- How can I create a blogger topic
- How does Chipotle make chips
- Why are you underestimating yourself
- Is it really possible to be stoic?
- Has Disney become something that Walt wouldn't recognize?
- When do you get runners up
- What a great book you read recently
- Ever eat lobster shrimp
- How we use the legal service online
- How to order free food
- What are Telugu's best YouTube channels
- Time is just a human perception
- Should I have sex with a prostitute?
- What is SAS University Edition
- What is analytical chromatography
- How is the term of a people used?
- Cows get drunk on fermented grains
- Who will deliver food to my address
- Underage drinking is illegal
- What is the secret behind the sky
- How do you keep grapes fresh longer?
- How did the biggest brand logos come about?
- Diet Coke can cause diabetes
- How do I construct a confidence interval
- How do I increase the views on Youtube
- What makes Antarctica cool
- How does local Google search work for search engine optimization
- What is an Einstein Rosen Bridge
- Eating garlic causes cancer
- What is the greatest tragedy in life?
- How many relationships really work
- How is extra virgin olive oil made