Software developers usually like to fix bugs
How to fix D3d11.dll errors
D3d11.dll errors are caused by situations that result in the removal or corruption of the d3d11 dll file, a file that is contained in the DirectX software suite.
In some cases, d3d11.dll error messages could indicate a registry problem, a malware problem like a virus infection, or even a hardware failure. However, because DirectX is used by most Windows-based games and advanced graphics programs, d3d11.dll errors are typically only seen when using these programs.
There are several ways that d3d11.dll error messages can be phrased depending on the cause of the problem. Here are some common d3d11.dll errors:
D3d11.dll could not be found
The file d3d11.dll is missing
This application has failed to start because d3d11.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application could solve the problem.
[PATH] d3d11.dll cannot be found
[Unable to launch the application. A required component is missing: d3d11.dll. Please install [APPLICATION] again.
Knowing at what point your d3d11.dll error appears is an important piece of information that will help you troubleshoot the problem.
D3d11.dll error messages can appear while using or installing certain programs or video games, when Windows is starting or shutting down, or even during a Windows installation.
The d3d11.dll error message can apply to any program, game, or system using the file on Microsoft operating systems, including Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows 2000.
How to fix D3d11.dll errors
Do not download d3d11.dll from a "DLL Download" website. There are many reasons why downloading a DLL file is a bad idea. If you need a copy of d3d11.dll, it is best to obtain it from its original, legitimate source.
If you cannot access Windows normally due to the d3d11.dll error, start Windows in Safe Mode to do one of the following.
- Restore d3d11.dll from the Recycle Bin. The simplest cause of a "missing" d3d11.dll file is that you accidentally deleted it. If you suspect that you accidentally deleted d3d11.dll but already emptied the Recycle Bin, you may be able to d3d11.dll Recover files with a free file recovery program. Recovering a deleted copy of d3d11.dll with a file recovery program is only a good idea if you are certain that you deleted the file yourself and that it worked properly before.
- Install the latest version of Microsoft DirectX. Upgrading to the latest version of DirectX will likely fix the d3d11.dll error not found, the same DirectX installer works with all versions of Windows including Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, and more. Missing DirectX 11, DirectX 10, or DirectX 9 files are replaced. Microsoft often releases updates to DirectX without updating the version number or letter. It is therefore essential to install the latest version, even if your version is technically identical.
This is the most likely solution to a missing or not found d3d11.dll error. Do your best to perform this step after making sure that your computer is not infected with malware.
- For example, suppose the latest version of DirectX from Microsoft does not fix the d3d11.dll error you are getting. Look for a DirectX installer (may be called dxsetup or something similar) on your game or application DVD or CD. If a game or other program uses DirectX, software developers usually include a copy of DirectX on the installation CD; sometimes, though not often, the version of DirectX on the CD will be a better match for the program than the latest version available online .
- Scan your entire computer for viruses and other malware. Some d3d11.dll errors could be related to a malware infection on your computer that has corrupted the dll file. It is even possible that the d3d11.dll error you are displaying is related to a hostile program masquerading as a file.
- Run the sfc / scannow command to replace a missing or damaged copy of the d3d11.dll file. Fortunately, the d3d11.dll file is provided by Microsoft in at least some versions of Windows, so the System File Checker tool (the sfc) should restore it.
- Use System Restore to undo the latest system changes. If you suspect that the d3d11.dll error was caused by a change to an important file or configuration and System File Checker did not help, a System Restore should fix the system.
- Reinstall the program that is using the d3d11.dll file. If d3d11.dll dll error occurs while using a specific program, reinstalling the program should replace the file; this step is most useful for replacing dll files that are not provided by Microsoft. However, it can help with your d3d11.dll problem if that program also provides a copy of the file and the previous troubleshooting ideas did not work.
- Update drivers for hardware devices that may be related to d3d11.dll. For example, if you get the error "The d11d3.dll file is missing" while playing a 3D video game, update the drivers for your graphics card. The d3d11.dll file may or may not be related to graphics cards - this was just an example. The crux of the matter here is to pay close attention to the context of the error and to fix it accordingly.
- If you encountered d3d11.dll errors after updating the driver for a specific hardware device, roll back a driver to a previously installed version.
- Install any available Windows updates. Many service packs and other patches replace or update some of the hundreds of Microsoft Distributed DLL files on your computer. The d3d11.dll file could be included in one of these updates.
- Repair your installation of Windows. If the troubleshooting tips above are unsuccessful for individual d3d11.dll files, all Windows DLL files should be reverted to their working versions by performing an update, startup repair, or repair installation (depending on your version of Windows).
- Use a free registry cleaner to fix problems related to d3d11.dll in the registry. A free registry cleaner program may be able to help by removing any invalid registry entries for d3d11.dll that may be causing the DLL error, we rarely recommend using registry cleaners. We've included the option here just in case it proves helpful. In that case, you can avoid the more difficult test and last resort options below.
- Test your memory and then your hard drive. We've left most of the hardware troubleshooting to the last step, but your computer's memory and hard drive are relatively easy to test and the most likely components to cause d3d11.dll errors if they fail. If the hardware fails any of your tests replace the memory or hard drive as soon as possible.
- Perform a clean installation of Windows. A new installation will erase everything and install a fresh copy of Windows. If none of the steps above fix the d3d11.dll error, this should be your next course of action; to be cleaned, all data on the drive where Windows is installed will be erased during a clean install. So back up important files when you are able to. Of course, make sure that you have made every effort to resolve the d3d11.dll error using a previous troubleshooting step before doing a fresh install.
- Troubleshoot an unknown hardware problem if you continue to experience d3d11.dll errors.
- Reinstalling Windows is a fresh start on the software troubleshooting side. Unfortunately, if this didn't work, your DLL problem must be hardware related.
- Is it okay to follow the passion
- A wormhole only exists in space
- Will natural gas recover
- Is feminism misunderstood why or why not
- Monosodium glutamate causes cancer
- How many meters are in 5 miles
- What is an Employment Background Review
- How can I stop putting off schoolwork
- Should I learn SQL instead of Python
- Regret moving to Germany
- How do people afford expensive things?
- Eminem still loves his daughter
- Where can I sell my programming website
- How dangerous are tortoise bites
- What are the symbols of elements
- What is the difference between China and Taiwan
- What is the world economy based on
- What requires a high IQ to understand
- What meal changed your life
- What is a business plan 3
- What is the most unhealthy fast food
- What are alternatives to business cards
- Addressing target groups improves advertising
- Is it right to say fruits
- Singaporeans are a mixed race
- Is the vegan movement propaganda
- I like jungkook
- What's on your pc
- Where do I not and not use
- What is everything and each
- What is an infographic and an example
- What's the best SimCity Why
- How can I upload my pictures?
- What are bonus rules and regulations