Are the UAE the best Arab country
Travel theme: United Arab Emirates
Cities, beaches and the sea, but also deserts and oases. The United Arab Emirates (UAE) have a lot to offer.
The two futuristic metropolises Dubai and Abu Dhabi stand for oriental luxury.
This creates a special mixture of modern and luxurious way of life and traditional, oriental culture from 1001 nights.
In addition to Dubai and Abu Dhabi, we visit the Liwa oasis in the Rubl Al Khali desert and are impressed by the world's largest continuous sandy desert.
Practical travel tips for vacationing in the UAE
Best travel time for Dubai and Abu Dhabi
It's best to travel during the winter months to the United Arab Emirates.
From November to March the Temperatures at a pleasant 22 to 35 degrees.
From mid-April to September it can easily get over 40 degrees in Abu Dhabi and Dubai. Sightseeing is no longer fun in these extreme temperatures!
Fly from Zurich Swiss and Emirates right after Dubai.
In keeping with the city of superlatives, Emirates flies to Dubai with the largest passenger aircraft in the world. Namely with that Airbus A380. And this one lands on recently newly opened Terminal 3.
To Abu Dhabi to fly Swiss and Etihad directly.
Dubai is only 90 minutes by car from Abu Dhabi. So you can use the combine two cities well.
With the Swiss (and Italian) passport you get a free visa upon arrival. The tourist visa is valid for 30 days. The passport must be valid for more than 6 months upon entry.
Danger: Your passport is allowed no stamp the Israeli customs authorities! Unfortunately, we don't (yet) know whether a new passport will have to be issued in such a case, we have never been to Israel.
Means of transportation
People move in Dubai and Abu Dhabi best by rental car or taxi. Taxis are very cheap due to the low petrol price.
This is because gasoline is not taxed in the United Arab Emirates. The The price of petrol is currently around 45 cents per liter. A bargain compared to our prices.
However, we take a rental car, even if driving in the Arab Emirates is not always as relaxed as, for example, in Oman's Muscat.
But the easiest way to get to the spacious quarters of Dubai or Abu Dhabi is by car.
Currency and cash
In the UAE you pay with Dirham (AED). The conversion rate is currently around 26 cents. This means that 4 dirhams are worth around one franc.
Although you can pay for practically anything with a credit card in both Dubai and Abu Dhabi, it is worthwhile to have some change with you. Especially with the taxis you have to ask if they accept credit cards on short journeys.
The best thing to do is to change the money on site. You will find the first ones in the airport hall upon arrival Exchange offices. There are also plenty of other ways to change money in the city, for example in the malls. Or withdraw cash from ATMs.
Arabic is the official language. But English has established itself as a commercial language.
Although Dubai and Abu Dhabi are modern cities, one should not forget that you are in an Arab, Islamic country. There is a dress code here.
The local women traditionally wear a «Abaya». The abaya is a long, loose piece of clothing. It is often worn in combination with a headscarf, the "hijab".
The men wear a body-length white shirt, a so-called "Kandura».
The “Ghuttra” headgear (usually white for the Emiratis) is held on the head with a black cord.
Tourists don't have to wrap themselves in Arabic clothes, of course. Nevertheless, certain things also apply to visitors to the metropolis Dress codethat one as a tourist out of respect should.
Women especially should be don't be too revealing. Hot pants and crop tops are taboo!
Of course you can wear a bathing dress and bikini on the beach. But under no circumstances go topless or take a bath. That is strictly forbidden!
A certain dress code also applies to men. Shorts that end above the knees and tank tops, for example, are not appropriate for men either.
Here are our travel tips for the United Arab Emirates
- Is it normal for teenagers to clap?
- What drug makes people permanently impotent?
- Why do all countries block work visas
- Security in Malaysia is getting better
- Which country pass is the most efficient
- What are some strange facts about Africans
- How is work-life balance on Google
- What are the Best CPA Affiliate Networks
- How is your emotional health today
- Can I freeze tapioca bubble tea?
- What are the 5 Marketing Strategies
- Are Tamils Indian
- Indigestion causes constipation or vice versa
- What does traffic mean in online marketing
- Is P Chidambaram a scam
- What is the nutritional value of ginger
- How does dark energy work against gravity
- Could human beings be artificial intelligence?
- Why is health greater than wealth?
- How do you start a B2B company
- Can you suggest a good keto diet
- What is the U.S. healthcare system
- How do you pay the apartment rent
- How was your travel experience in Indonesia
- What is web presence
- Which famous movie stars were gay
- If you still support Trump, why
- What are the roots of Vietnamese food
- What is the smallest unit of measurement
- To whom is the Prime Minister responsible?
- Is milk cancer
- What do Malaysians think of the Vietnamese
- Why is Fortnite not on Steam
- Is chapati good for type 2 diabetes