Which country has the worst looking people?
Different countries - different teeth
How dental trends differ around the world
Tastes are known to be different. Anyone who thinks that people all over the world value a bright white smile is wrong. When it comes to teeth, there are also different ideals of beauty from country to country.
While some dream of straight teeth in a row, others want the most crooked teeth possible. Dr. Stephan Ziegler, head dentist and founder of KU64 dental practice from Berlin, treats many international patients and reveals trends from all over the world.
A question of color
In Germany, people prefer a natural-looking smile. Regardless of whether it is a filling or a crown - the color of the dentures should match real teeth. Even with beauty treatments such as bleaching, the result should not look too perfect. "Germans want beautiful teeth, but in retrospect nobody should see that something has been done to them", emphasizes Dr. Ziegler the trend and explains: “For Americans, on the other hand, it can't be white enough. For them, the exaggeratedly light tooth color is a status symbol. "
But not only bleaching, but also so-called veneers are popular in the land of unlimited possibilities. Many Americans, for example, use ceramic veneers to fulfill their wish for a row of teeth with straight edges. Veneers are also very popular with Europeans, but they prefer minimal differences in length and natural coloring.
Front runner in oral hygiene
According to Dr. Ziegler's experiences, especially the Swiss, and there is a simple reason: “With them, normal health insurance does not cover most dental treatments. Anyone who suffers from tooth decay has to dig into their pockets. " That is why prophylaxis is very important in the Alpine region. Children learn the right cleaning techniques from an early age. The Scandinavians are also known for their good oral situation thanks to regular professional tooth cleaning. The Germans do not neglect dental care either. In a global comparison, they are in the top third.
Crooked teeth are very popular among women in Japan. In particular, protruding canines in the upper jaw characterize the so-called Yaeba look. It should be reminiscent of the child's teeth and in this way ensure a cute appearance. Those who do not have crooked teeth by nature can help with veneers.
Tooth gaps are also perceived as beautiful in some parts of the world. Pulling intact teeth from girls is a ritual of passage in some regions of Africa. As a sign of growing up, they have the central incisors of the upper jaw removed at the beginning of puberty.
There is a long tradition of tooth changes not only in Africa. In Central America, for example, the Maya filed their teeth sharply to look dangerous. “In many parts of the world, when it comes to teeth, people who want to be beautiful have to suffer. The German trend towards natural teeth is very praiseworthy because it tries to preserve its own tooth substance for as long as possible ", sums up Dr. Ziegler.
Published on: 02.02.2018
Print: Print article
Bookmarks: Save bookmarks
Feedback: Contact us
Newsletter: Order and unsubscribe from the newsletter
Twitter: Follow us on Twitter
Facebook: Share this post on Facebook
High: Up to the top of the page
Next article: read
Previous article: read
Advertising - for a good cause
- How many votes does Texas have
- How do you track your brand's online reputation
- Is it healthy to live Pass 100?
- Which card games are least associated with luck?
- Salesforce Administration Certification is really important
- What's your catchphrase
- Nuclear reactors are noisy machines
- Is the Roman Catholic Church in trouble
- Why do firefighters make so much money
- How useful is the WhatsApp Business App
- Contains mayonnaise cheese
- What is a good drop shipping niche
- How about your perfect day
- What is the salary of a CA
- How does guest posting work?
- How was George Patton personally
- What are non-persistent data structures
- How can a young person get cancer
- Which job portal in Singapore do you use
- What does it mean to travel alone
- Was Epicurus happier than Diogenes of Sinope
- Sales funnels are easy to manufacture
- Which Expedia Affiliate Program is Best
- Why did trade unions vote democratically