How often does a woman want sex
Sex study: how often do Germans have sexual intercourse
A large-scale study on the sex life of Germans reveals that there is some catching up to do in one area. Because sexual health is a taboo subject in Germany.
Few Germans talk to their partners or doctors about sexual health. Only 21 percent of men and 31 percent of women had sexually transmitted infections as an issue at the doctor's visit, as the first results of a study on health and sexuality in Germany showed. There is already some catching up to do when it comes to educating people about sexually transmitted diseases.
The study by the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf (UKE), the Federal Center for Health Education (BZgA) and the social research institute Kantar is the first nationwide study on sexuality and health. The first evaluations show: HIV and AIDS are known to the vast majority of the population (71 percent). Only a few study participants said they had heard of chlamydia (eleven percent) or genital warts (four percent).
This is how often most Germans have sexual intercourse per month
The study also provided general information on the sexual behavior of the population. According to this, most Germans have sexual intercourse four to five times a month. Women and men between 18 and 35 years of age have sex five times a month, 36 to 55 year olds about four times.
"The results are not a big surprise and are definitely comparable with other countries," said Prof. Peer Briken, director of the UKE's Institute for Sex Research. By far the most frequently cited heterosexual practices are vaginal intercourse and oral intercourse. Sexual activity decreases with age - but this does not prevent many older Germans from looking for a new partner via digital media.
Number of sexual partners
According to the study, people who live in a steady relationship have, on average, more sexual intercourse than single persons: Only 20 percent of those who are in a relationship stated that they had not had sex in the past four weeks. For the singles it was 77 percent.
Almost half of 18 to 25 year olds had the famous "first time" before their 17th birthday (44 percent of men / 42 percent of women), the majority of Germans later. This value has not changed that much in the past few decades, only in the age group of 66 to 75 year olds (born between 1944 and 1953) only a fifth of Germans had their first sexual experiences by their 17th birthday.
When it comes to the average number of sexual partners, men are well ahead in the heterosexual context - they report an average of 9.8 sexual partners, while women report an average of 6.1 partners. Actually, the information should roughly match. The researchers assume that men are more likely to portray themselves as sexually experienced and active. Women, on the other hand, still risked a rather negative assessment when stating a high number of partners and therefore tended to underestimate the number of their previous sexual partners.
"Sexual health" must be removed from the taboo
A total of 4,955 adults between the ages of 18 and 75 were interviewed for the study between October 2018 and September 2019, including 2,336 men and 2,619 women. Questions were asked about topics such as sexual behavior, love and relationships, sexually transmitted diseases and experiences with sexual violence.
BZgA head Heidrun Thaiss announced that she wanted to create more "low-threshold" counseling services in response to the study results. "There is a need among the population to talk about sexuality-related health problems, preferably in the medical practice," she said.
"Sexual health is all medicine," said Briken. According to the researchers, the subject must be removed from the taboo.
more on the subject
- Venereal diseases,
- Genital warts,
- Advisory News,
- What are some typical interview questions
- Local roemer lettuce is safe
- How safe is Thailand for tourists
- How would you describe a strange person
- Quora changes people's lives
- What makes you believe in yourself
- Who is this painting from 1
- How is Tom Hanks personally
- What would you do for money 1
- What do Italians eat at home
- Which countries soldiers are best compensated
- Regret moving to Idaho
- Is it right to say fruits
- Will the world end in 2022
- Is AIDS a communicable disease?
- Will a fan produce air in space
- Donald Trump has leadership experience
- Has US foreign policy collapsed?
- Have you ever declined an inheritance Why
- How much is 10k gold per gram
- What makes a healthy society
- What is a volt watt
- How would you market your product service
- When did Canada declare war in World War II?
- What's the best rude limerick
- New Zealand has dangerous animals
- Can you actually die from alcohol?
- Fox News really sucks
- Why are the submarines afraid of destroyers?
- Can love really last a lifetime 2
- Cheese is bad for diets
- How do I start a premium Snapchat
- How do small businesses hire undocumented workers
- How many liters correspond to 1 kg