What is the definition of freezing point
Freezing Point (German)
Part of speech: noun, (male)Hyphenation:
- Freezing | point, Plural: Freezing | points
- IPA: [ɡəˈfʀiːɐ̯ˌpʊŋkt]
- 1) physics Temperature of the transition from the liquid to the solid state (especially in the case of water)
- 2) transfer very bad (icy) mood in a relationship in which there is little and unfriendly communication
- Composition (determinative compound) from the stem of the verb freeze and Point
- 1) Freezing point, zero, melting point
- 2) low point
- 1) boiling point
- 2) climax
- 1) Fixed point
- 1) At 0 ° C, water has its Freezing point.
- 2) The mood was up freezing point arrived.
- 1) Temperatures around the freezing point (around)
- 2) mood on / under the freezing point
- Nominative: singular freezing point; Plural Freezing points
- Genitive: singular Freezing point; Plural Freezing points
- Dative: singular freezing point; Plural Freezing points
- Accusative: singular freezing point; Plural Freezing points
- English: 1) freezing point
- Esperanto: 1) frostopunkto
- French: 1) point de congélation (male)
- Italian: 1) punto di congelamento (male)
- Dutch: 1) vriespunt
- Portuguese: 1) ponto de congelamento (male)
- Swedish: 1) fry point (Utrum)
- Spanish: 1) punto de congelación (male)
- Czech: 1) bod mrazu (male)
- Hungarian: 1) fagypont
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„With temperatures below the freezing point it will remain wintry in Hessen in the coming days.“
Day 24, January 23, 2019
„It gets really cold over the weekend. Temperatures below the freezing point be expected.“
20 minutes, November 16, 2018
„With a short whirl of flakes and temperatures just above that freezing point remembered winter in Brandenburg on Saturday morning.“
Berliner Morgenpost, April 13, 2019
„The harmony increases at temperatures below the freezing point preparing for the next game against SV Werder Bremen.“
Eintracht Frankfurt, January 22, 2019
„At night temperatures around the freezing point it can be slippery on the streets of Hessen at the start of the new week.“
BILD.de, December 9, 2018
„Brass band brings the crowd at temperatures close to that freezing point moving.“
tagesspiegel.de, January 27, 2020
„Rain and temperatures around the freezing point can lead to slippery roads in Bavaria.“
GMX, November 12, 2019
„Temperatures around the freezing point and moisture - not a good combination for road traffic. This was also evident at the weekend in some regions of Thuringia.“
In South Thuringia, January 5th, 2020
„An Italy low has snow in its luggage. The temperatures hardly come above that freezing point out.“
Kleine Zeitung, December 12, 2019
„Rainfalls and temperatures around the freezing point ensure smooth roads in Hamburg and Schleswig Holstein. The first accidents have already occurred.“
Day 24, January 19, 2020
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Thesaurus & Synonyms
Another word (synonym) for freezing point - Source: OpenThesaurus
Entries from our dictionary containing "freezing point":
Point: …Critical point; Resonance point, zero point; Temperature as a variable: absolute zero point, freezing point, boiling point, sublimation point, starting point, zero point, transition point ...
freeze: ... 2) Feel cold and therefore feel uncomfortable 3) Impersonal: Being so cold that the freezing point is reached or undercut Synonymous terms: 2) Shivering ...
zero: Zero point, origin, temperature: freezing point 4) lousy, unskilled, sloppy, failure see also: Thesaurus: failure Generic terms: 1) cardinal number, number 2) digit, numeral, symbol 3) scale application examples: 1) the zero follows the one
Benchmark: ... point in geodesy and civil engineering 2) a point defined in physics such as B. the freezing point Abbreviation: 1) FP, FPkt. Origin of the term: Composition of solid and ...
red cheeked:… And-cheeked synonyms: 1) red-cheeked application examples: 1) At temperatures below freezing point you can see a lot of red-cheeked people on the street. English translations: ...
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Freezing point" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (May 19, 2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Gefrierpunkt/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term "freezing point" and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Freezing points (German) Part of speech: Declined form Variant forms: Dative singular: Freezing point Hyphenation: Ge | frier | punk | te…
Freezing points (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Ge | freeze | punk | ten Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Freezing point (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Side Forms: Freezing Point Hyphenation: Ge | frier | punk | tes…
Freezing point (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Ge | frier | Punkts Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
freezer (German) Part of speech: noun, (masculine) Cases: nominative: singular of the freezer; Most of the freezers ...
Freezer (German) Part of speech: Declined form Secondary forms: Freezer Hyphenation: Ge | frier | schran | ke…
Freezer (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Alternate Forms: Gefrierschranks Hyphenation: Ge | frier | schran | kes ...
Freezer (German) Part of speech: Declined form Secondary forms: Frozen Hyphenation: Ge | frier | schranks…
Freezers (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Ge | frier | schrän | ke Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Freezers (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Ge | freeze | schrän | ken Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
freezer (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) cases: nominative: singular die freezer; Most of the chest freezers ...
Freezers (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Ge | frier | tru | hen Grammatical features: nominative plural of ...
- Carrying a gun reduces an individual's fear
- What is your B2B sales strategy for LinkedIn
- Could a 22 magnum stop a bear
- Is it healthy to live Pass 100?
- Which is the best watch from Aliexpress
- Am I really special?
- How do we get real YouTube subscribers
- What is the way of light
- Can meditation reduce sleep
- Can I trigger bipolar hypomania?
- Is international law a good career
- Everyone is intelligent
- Why is Islam unpopular in Central Asia
- Is chapati good for type 2 diabetes
- What is the key to spiritual enlightenment
- How long do fire extinguishers last
- Uses Quora deep learning
- What do you mean by homeless
- Card games are still widespread
- Why do non-Americans hate Americans
- Where do grapes grow naturally?
- What is information science and systems
- What should a teacher be proud of?
- Is 24 years old and is considered old