Why did Canada burn the White House
Trump accuses Canadians of setting fire to the White House in 1812
Washington - US President Donald Trump has not shown himself particularly firm in history in the tariff dispute with Canada's Prime Minister Justin Trudeau according to a report published by CNN on Wednesday (local time): "Wasn't it you who burned the White House?" the report said in a phone call with Trudeau on May 25th.
The Canadian prime minister had previously asked why trade with Canada could affect US national security - after all, both countries were allies and united in NATO. The release comes just before the eagerly anticipated start of the G7 summit in Canada, where Trump faces criticism from his colleagues.
British ravaged Washington
In fact, as a result of the war of 1812, the White House was burned down. However, it was British troops who were raging in Washington at the time. The background is actually in Canada: the British retaliated for an attack on York (Ontario), which was then still a British colony, but is now on Canadian territory. It is not yet known whether Trump brought up the topic in an interview with Great Britain's Prime Minister Theresa May.
The White House had justified the imposition of punitive tariffs against Canada, among other things, with the national security of the USA. This is seen as an advanced argument by most commentators internationally.
Trump economic adviser Larry Kudlow said on Wednesday that the relationship between the two countries was "very good" apart from short-term tensions. Together with Mexico, the two countries are currently negotiating a continuation of the North American free trade agreement NAFTA. (APA, dpa, 7.6.2018)
- Family is more important than friends
- What if no SMS is sent
- Startups in Singapore are hiring new graduates
- Why do creative people mostly prefer solitude?
- How do I change the employment contract?
- What really comes after death
- What are more profitable blogs or vlogs
- What is the multiverse 1
- What is special about Chinese patriotism?
- How much does meth cost
- Which supermarket do Americans like most?
- Which Black Friday websites crashed
- Was gang linked to 2Pac
- What are symptoms of diabetic seizure
- Can vitamin C be taken at night
- Why should you sell online
- What is the use of a nanometer
- Uses UK credit cards
- Why did Oswald kill JFK
- Is always cheaper than taxi
- What is it like to visit Alaska
- Why is history fascinating
- The minimum wage guarantees minimal effort
- Why are Mongoloid not called Chinese?
- What are some examples of cultural symbols
- Are matter and energy the same
- What are some reviews of IQ Option
- Could evangelicals be viewed as hypocrites?
- Obesity is a good thing
- Are potatoes okay for high cholesterol
- Is time machine possible 2
- Which country represents the East Asian culture
- How many countries eat breakfast cereal
- How do you say publicly in Mandarin