What are the best Vietnamese noodle soups
Pho Bo Hanoi - Vietnamese rice noodle soup
Wash the bones, oxtail and beef thoroughly under lukewarm running water before cooking.
Then put the bones and the oxtail in a 10l pot with cold water so that everything is covered. Bring to the boil at the highest temperature and skim off the rising foam.
See also "Making a meat broth"
As soon as no more foam forms after approx. 5 minutes, drain the pot, clean the bones and the oxtail thoroughly under running water, clean the pot as well.
Put the bones, oxtail and beef on the stove with 6 liters of cold water at the highest temperature.
After the boil, turn down the heat, skim off any new foam and simmer over low heat.
Do not put a lid on during the entire cooking process so that the odors can dissipate.
Clean the ginger and shallots and place them with their skins in a grill rack and grill them either over a charcoal fire or a gas flame until the outer skin is black.
Brush off thoroughly with a brush under running water until the black spots disappear completely.
Add the ginger and shallots to the broth.
Alternatively, they can also be roasted dry in an iron pan, i.e. without oil.
After 2 hours, check the degree of doneness of the beef with a fork, it should be pliable and no longer elastic, but not yet fall apart. Take out and place in a bowl with ice water to prevent it from discoloring. Once it has cooled, wrap it in cling film and store in the refrigerator.
Soak the rice noodles in warm water.
Divide the cardamom pod in the middle with a heavy kitchen knife without cutting it completely, fry it together with the cinnamon and star anise in a pan over low heat until they start to smell. Then add to the broth.
If you use our pho spice, you add a level tablespoon.
Season the broth with 5 tablespoons of fish sauce, 1 tablespoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of sugar and simmer on a low heat.
After a total of 4 hours of cooking, remove the bones and spices from the broth. Pass them through a fine sieve or, better still, a kitchen towel to obtain a clear liquid.
Season the broth to taste and, if necessary, add fish sauce, salt and sugar. It should taste a little stronger, as the later addition of the pasta will make it lighter in taste anyway.
Preheat 6 deep soup bowls.
Wash the spring onions. Cut the green into fine rolls, cut the white into fine strips lengthways.
Cut the lime into eighths, chop the bird's eye chillies and serve with the crushed pepper and the fish sauce.
Cut the raw, still frozen beef into wafer-thin slices against the fibers and place on a plate.
Cut the cooked beef into thin slices against the fibers and place on another plate.
Take the rice noodles out of the water and drain.
Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Blanch the pasta in portions for 10-15 seconds and distribute on the preheated soup bowls.
Spread 3-4 slices of cooked beef on each of the pasta. Place 2 slices of raw beef on top.
Bring the broth to the boil again and pour it into the bowls while it is boiling hot, so that all ingredients come into contact evenly with the hot broth. Pho Bo must be served very hot!
Scatter the spring onions on top and serve immediately.
Season with fish sauce, lime juice, pepper and chillies at the table.
- Could Master Chief survive in Warhammer 40k
- What are SNSD fans called Music Kpop
- What is an online shopping cart
- Is Darwinism or Lamarckism true
- How does an 11 year old sperm come
- What are the roots of Vietnamese food
- Is raw honey good for you?
- Why can't you use pencil in the room?
- How to say whistleblower in Portuguese
- What is basin in geology
- What is more important than IQ
- How are you like your grandparents
- How does a meteorite form
- Salesforce Administration Certification is really important
- Is time or space quantized
- How do dogs choose their owners
- Coins from 1945 are worth something
- Why does my pubic hair hurt so much
- Why is Shiva especially venerated on Monday
- A single mineral can make a stone
- Have you had great results from chiropractic care
- How did you get to know your partner 2
- How can I get first place on Google
- When will the US have elections?