How do evangelists differ from Methodists?
The Theological Real Encyclopedia (TRE) [Theological Encyclopedia] is a modern specialist encyclopaedia comprising 36 volumes of text (1976-2004) representing the present state of theological research as a whole. More than a generation of scholars have collaborated in its production, to create a unique internationally-oriented reference work containing more than 2,500 articles (on over 28,000 pages of text) which stands as a document of the history of scholarship. The TRE is an indispensable tool for research, study and teaching, principally in theology, but also in its neighboring disciplines such as history, philosophy, Jewish studies and religious studies.
The Real Theological Encyclopedia treats the whole range of ecclesiastical and theological subjects from an ecumenical and international perspective; it deals with faith and thought, theology and church, acknowledgment and, if possible, understanding, beyond the boundaries of Christianity. Thus, in addition to the disciplines of the Old and New Testaments, church history, systematic and practical theology, the work also integrates Jewish studies, religious studies and philosophy - or rather, sees them as integral to theological study.
The users find central theological keywords (eg Eucharist, faith, Easter, sin, baptism) ethical topics (abortion, sexuality, death penalty), historical events (eg Crusades, National Socialism, Reformation) and people (from Abraham, Adam and Eve through Martin Luther, Mary, Friedrich Nietzsche to Teresa of Avila and Ulrich Zwingli) in addition to historical religious and religious studies overviews of all regions of the world (New Age, Siberian religions, Re-incarnation) and keywords from the history of religion (plant symbolism, literature and religion, pictorial arts).
Besides an exact reproduction of the complete text, the online version presents all the illustrations, maps, graphics and tables included in the printed volumes. A comprehensive search engine allows detailed researches which extend the bounds set by the systematic referencing of the two volumes of the overall index (published 2006 and 2007).
Links to the encyclopaedia Encyclopaedia of the Bible and Its Reception (EBR), to de Gruyter's theological journals and to external sources will gradually create an unparalleled expanding electronic corpus of theological knowledge.
- Why do people use Instagram
- Can the NSA see text messages
- Why did Barkha Dutt leave NDTV
- What are the disadvantages of being healthy
- Which stores sell guns in Oregon
- How do guys get gay
- Can mass and space-time exist separately?
- Can QA testers carry out unit tests
- What is polarization of light
- What is the need for patriotism
- How should I prepare for CLAT
- What screams healthy
- What does pre-hire from USPS mean
- Love is recognized in a smile
- Which HR skills are most in demand
- Should I take an AP course online?
- Who is the inventor of cyberpunk
- How often should I clean my windows?
- What is happening to the world economy
- What is a good Facebook Engagement Rate
- Strong is polypropylene rope
- Why did you choose homeschooling?
- Did other civilizations have other constellations?
- Why does Quora moderate the responses
- What is the smallest currency in the US
- Is information asymmetry responsible for moral hazard
- How does your life look day by day
- Why is therapy important for mental health
- Support the second amendment
- What did the French Revolution achieve?
- How are coins made in India
- Is yahoo answers bad
- What's your catchphrase
- What is the best investment affiliate program