How many kinds of fruits are there
What types of fruit are there?
Fruits and berries, which are commonly classified as fruits, can be divided into different types of fruit. In the botanical sense, a distinction is made between pome fruit, stone fruit, berry fruit and shell fruit. In addition, some types of fruit are assigned to the categories of tropical fruits or exotic fruits and “vegetables used like fruit”.
Pome fruit is the name given to the fruits of pome fruits. These include apple, pear, and quince. Inside the so-called apple fruit there is a core with five seeds - this is the actual fruit. The pulp, which is covered with a thin skin and consumed as fruit, is only a so-called dummy fruit in the botanical sense.
Stone fruit includes types of fruit with stone fruits, which are characterized by a solid woody core. This stone or core is surrounded by a juicy, thick pulp. Plums, cherries, peaches and apricots are included in this category.
Soft fruits are divided into three subcategories. Collective drupes are fruits in which several small drupes come together to form a collective stone fruit. The best-known representatives of this form of fruit are blackberries and raspberries. The category of common nuts and dummy fruits such as strawberries and rose hips are also included in the category of soft fruits. The actual fruits, the small nuts, sit on the convex, fleshy base of the strawberry, while the flesh of the rose hips encircles them from the base of the flower.
The so-called “real berries”, on the other hand, include fruits that have emerged from a single ovary in which the pulp encloses one or more seeds. Real berries are fruits such as black and red currants, gooseberries, grapes and blueberries. From a botanical point of view, the banana also belongs to the berries. Citrus fruits such as oranges, lemons or grapefruits, on the other hand, are a special form of berry.
Nuts are used to describe various nut fruits. Here the skin of a fruit lignifies and encloses a single seed. This category includes types of nuts such as hazelnuts, walnuts, macadamia nuts and chestnuts. In the botanical sense, however, peanuts (legumes), pistachios and coconuts (stone kernels of a stone fruit) are not included.
The tropical or exotic fruits mainly include those types of fruit that grow in tropical or subtropical climates. Well-known representatives are pineapple, kiwi, mango, ginger and lychees. Vegetables "used like fruit" include melons and rhubarb.
- Who are smarter children or their parents
- In which countries tipping is considered impolite
- What is the future of e-commerce
- How is crypto currency produced
- What is Walmart
- What was it like to be a school bully
- What screams Hoer to flirt with me
- Are taxis safe in Bangkok?
- Who Needs Bariatric Surgery
- What is a creative strategy for digital marketing
- How can I afford insulin?
- What are the cons of green onions
- Can tachyons travel through time
- Is life worth living 2
- Are Arabs black or white
- This world is cruel Why have children
- Why does a solar eclipse happen
- Who Was Margaret Thatcher 1
- Is the Roman Catholic Church in trouble
- Is it worth having your DNA tested
- How do the witches motivate Macbeth's actions
- Which plants grow fastest at night?
- How can marketing automation scale a business
- Lucifer Satan has a wife