What are some good naughty limericks
language : Five lines of nonsense
The Limerick is a special poem / The words must rhyme in a certain way
June 9, 2014, 5:54 p.m.
Five lines full of nonsense that make you laugh - good limericks can do it. These are short joke poems. The Limericks are said to have originated in Great Britain. The people there really like these crazy rhymes. It's a little different in Germany. We are much less familiar with this kind of funny verse.
“Limerick is perhaps the most difficult form in which to write such a short poem,” explains Werner Hadulla. He's been making limericks for many years. So the man knows his way around the funny and cheeky poems.
The most difficult thing about Limerick is the rhyme scheme, says the expert. By that he means the way you have to rhyme. The joke poems always consist of five lines. The first, second and fifth lines must rhyme. And the third line must end in a word that rhymes with the end of the fourth line.
Experts also say: The poem has the rhyme scheme aabba. Like the limerick shown in the photo above.
If you want to write a limerick, you don't just have to pay attention to the rhymes, but also to the content. Because there is usually a person in the poem. For example, it is about a fat man, an ancient uncle or a huge lady. This person mostly comes from somewhere. For example from a certain city or area. But the place can also be completely fictitious. It is often the case that the first line ends with this place. That means: The last words of the second and fifth lines have to rhyme with them. For example: Bracke, Geknacke and Cheek. Then all you need is a funny twist, a kind of joke - and the limerick is ready.
Experts argue about why it is so called. Some believe: it could have something to do with a city. It is located in Ireland and is also called Limerick. But the experts don't know for sure. By the way: The short poems with the cheeky content have been around for at least 200 years.
Do you like this post? Then please share it on social media - and also follow us on Twitter and Facebook:
- Is it weird to admire a psychopath?
- Why are young people kidnapped?
- Killing office creativity
- What are the best Morrissey songs
- Anger and sadness are a choice
- What is outsourcing used for?
- Which country has China colonized
- How is Japan so developed
- Why is evil seen as evil?
- Which vegetables are the least nutritious?
- How do I report vandalism on Quora
- What happens when we eat raw vegetables
- What is plate tectonics
- Support Christians gun rights
- How does a startup find target groups
- Richard Mueller is a genius 1
- What has you gained in terms of political correctness
- Do B2B companies need an app
- What is Biblical Numerology
- Advertise Facebook for fraudsters
- Why do people eat fatty foods
- Why is everything so good
- Who is Airbnb's biggest competition
- Is there any other country in Australia