What makes a job better
Recipes for success: Those who have fun at work work much better
“Happiness does not reside in possession and not in gold, the feeling of happiness is at home in the soul.” The Greek philosopher Democritus, who lived in the fifth century BC, already knew this. Wherever the feeling of happiness resides - it is still important today, also for entrepreneurs. Because: Happy people are also more productive in the world of work - and thus ensure that the success of their employer increases.
Good employers therefore have a vested interest in ensuring that their employees feel comfortable and are at peace with themselves and their work. “Employee satisfaction is a very important factor for the company's success,” emphasizes Simone Wamsteker, Head of Recruiting at the Accenture management consultancy. "Teams, for example, work better when the employees involved are satisfied with themselves and their employer."
In general, happiness is the result of a clear head, a high level of personal involvement and the success of the activity. "Stimulating happiness is not a soft relic from the seventies, but is one of the key indicators for a company's efficiency," says Dennis Utter, Head of Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Poland at the Top Employers Institute.
A good job is as important as sex
If you ask people what makes them happy, rank a job where you can develop yourself, where you are valued and where you do meaningful things, on a par with sex, a stable family life and friends. “This is exactly what makes employee satisfaction such an exciting issue for every company and especially for top employers,” says Utter.
Companies can do a lot to increase employee satisfaction. “The superiors have to listen a lot, deal with the wishes of their employees and show them perspectives in the company,” says Accenture expert Wamsteker. “A good employer offers its employees a vision.” It is also important that the employees recognize the meaningfulness of their own work, identify with it and thus participate in the company's success.
"As a rule, employees are happy when they have a great opportunity to develop their potential and learn, contribute, control or make a difference," confirms Julia Hoch, a business psychologist at California State University Northridge. To do this, it is important to find a balance so that employees are neither under nor overburdened.
Wellbeing programs and regeneration
"Normally, under-challenging leads to dissatisfaction and excessive stress leads to stress and burn-out," says Hoch. In order to further increase the well-being of their workforce, many companies also rely on wellbeing programs. 95 percent of the top employers have a health and safety officer, according to the Top Employers Institute as part of its certification program.
And 86 percent rely on ergonomically designed workplaces. Confidants and special programs for stress management are used by around three-quarters of the best employers. And if employees have suffered burnout due to too much stress, 43 percent of companies offer regeneration programs.
Team events that promote team spirit among employees are just as important as increasing the well-being of the workforce. "It is important to create cohesion within the workforce," says Accenture expert Wamsteker. On the one hand, this could be done through team events, but also through training and further education events. According to the TEI, such employee motivation events are held by 75 percent of companies.
Praise more important than money
- What is third party hosting
- Previously depressed people, what has changed
- What is WordPress 9
- What's your least favorite cookie
- Has Quora stopped requesting responses anonymously
- Is 100 a lot for an American
- How can I upload my pictures?
- Where can I buy foreign commemorative coins?
- What is 2 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 4
- What are some common goals in life
- Who can apply for trademark registration
- Should I hire a digital marketing agency?
- How much do you earn
- What are some good short stories 1
- What are the symbols of justice
- Has anyone used an affiliate marketing technique
- What do you like about food
- Is China more authoritarian or totalitarian
- What makes you smart
- What are some popular gamification blogs
- What did TWX use before ASCII
- What types of mathematical modeling are there
- What does an Indo-Chinese meal mean
- Pays a landlord for the installation
- Why do magnets repel
- What is the best kept secret
- Are heart disease and CVD the same?
- Is it okay to kiss a prostitute
- Exchange rates between currencies can be negative
- Have you ever declined an inheritance Why
- Is the universe a four-dimensional sphere
- How long have you recovered from anorexia
- Are Indiamart's leads fake?
- How do I make money online